Stellar Gain Cell DAC and Raspberry Pi USB

Hi,
Two questions. First, does Stellar Gain Cell DAC USB work with Linux, namely Raspberry Pi variation? In Manual you do not mention Linux: “USB requires a driver to operate properly. Mac computers running OSX have the driver built in. Windows based computers require the PS Audio driver to be installed.” Elsewhere on your web site it is noted that Linux drivers are included in the Linux distributions.

If Stellar Gain Cell DAC is supported in Linux than I would need help getting it to work.
I tried my PS Audio USB DAC with moOde 5.4, 6.0, 6.1 on RPI2 and RPI4 and no luck.
I can choose and save USB audio device from Settings > Audio > MPDconfig but when I play music I get following error:
MPD error
Failed to open “ALSA default” [alsa]; Error opening ALSA device “hw:1,0”; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Input/output error

On moOde 6.0 I updated to ALSA 1.19 and that did not work either.
4 other USB DAC’s that I have work perfectly.

Ropiiee, Volumio, and piCorePlayer did not work either with the PS Audio USB DAC. 2 different Windows machines did work with the PS Audio USB DAC even before I installed drivers.

I see that DAC reports as Sprout100:
pi@moode:~ $ cat /proc/asound/card1/stream0
PS Audio Sprout100 PS Audio USB Audio 2.0 at usb-0000:01:00.0-1.4, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
Interface 1
Altset 1
Format: S32_LE
Channels: 2
Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
Data packet interval: 125 us
Interface 1
Altset 2
Format: S16_LE
Rates:
Interface 1
Altset 3
Format: SPECIAL
Rates:
pi@moode:~ $

Do you have any idea how to make this work?

Regards
Vucko Zagi

Welcome Vucko! Sorry you’re trouble getting the GDAC to connect with the Raspberry pie. Even though Linux and USB can be a bit funky, it should work. Do you mind sending tjt@psaudio.com an email? He’ll be able to get you up and running.

I have been running a rpi with Volumio into the usb with no issues for over a year. Ran out of the box from what I remember.

I just shipped my unit back to PS audio for “Warranty repair” to make it work with Linux. I was told that this feature was introduced recently. Strangely, unit was purchased in February this year and your unit is older than year.

My apologies for resurrecting an older thread. Is there anyway to get the GCD to run with linux without sending it back in. I have having the same issue that vuckozagi had getting my linux based streamers to work.