Stellar Gain Cell DAC Display Issue

I am enjoying the Stellar Gain Cell and the M300 amp.

The issue I am experiencing is that I am unable to set the time for the volume numbers to turn off after any preset time.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

I would very much like to hear and what was the fix for it.

No matter what I do, nothing changes from staying “on”! I start off by selecting the time that I want the display to turn off then I then push the blue off/on button on the left.

After the Gain Cell turns off I then also turn the toggle switch on the back of the unit to off as well. I then wait for about a minute before I toggle the power back on. Then I push the blue button on the front left and it all turns on. I then check to see if the Turn-Off number has changed or not. And it has not changed.

So I let the music play and not change the volume, but nothing happens. It never turns off. It does not matter if the number is low or high.

So Iam confused about what is happening or better what is not happening! If I use the remote then the volume number changes ok but again it never turns off. I have tried several settings to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try before I call PS for an RMA and send the unit back for repair.

Thanks for your help…

Sandrock said

I am enjoying the Stellar Gain Cell and the M300 amp.

The issue I am experiencing is that I am unable to set the time for the volume numbers to turn off after any preset time.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

I would very much like to hear and what was the fix for it.

No matter what I do, nothing changes from staying “on”! I start off by selecting the time that I want the display to turn off then I then push the blue off/on button on the left.

After the Gain Cell turns off I then also turn the toggle switch on the back of the unit to off as well. I then wait for about a minute before I toggle the power back on. Then I push the blue button on the front left and it all turns on. I then check to see if the Turn-Off number has changed or not. And it has not changed.

So I let the music play and not change the volume, but nothing happens. It never turns off. It does not matter if the number is low or high.

So Iam confused about what is happening or better what is not happening! If I use the remote then the volume number changes ok but again it never turns off. I have tried several settings to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try before I call PS for an RMA and send the unit back for repair.

Thanks for your help…

What version of code do you have? I just tested it on the current version and it acts as expected.

Can you try selecting the Display time you want, when let it go back to the main display, then go back and check the Display Time?

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your interest in helping me get to the bottom of this issue.

In answer to your questions, the Version I have is CPU 1.10.35 and the FPGA is 1.04 which I am told are the latest versions.

I also did as you suggested and selected “10 minutes” and then went back to it again to see if the display might of changed and it had not.

So as I previously mentioned, I am stymied as to what could be going on or how I can correct the problem so I guess my only recourse now is to send the unit back to PSA and ask them to repair the problem.

Is there anyone else having this same issue or had the same issue and corrected it?

Please let me know, thanks.

Sandrock said

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your interest in helping me get to the bottom of this issue.

In answer to your questions, the Version I have is CPU 1.10.35 and the FPGA is 1.04 which I am told are the latest versions.

I also did as you suggested and selected “10 minutes” and then went back to it again to see if the display might of changed and it had not.

So as I previously mentioned, I am stymied as to what could be going on or how I can correct the problem so I guess my only recourse now is to send the unit back to PSA and ask them to repair the problem.

Is there anyone else having this same issue or had the same issue and corrected it?

Please let me know, thanks.

It sounds like there is an issue with the non-volatile storage in the processor chip on your Stellar DAC. Contact support@psaudio.com

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

That was going to be my ‘fall-back’ position should I not be able to resolve the issue myself in conjunction with the help of forum friends.

Ian