Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 2)

2 Likes

The limited edition Acoustic Sounds SACD series from Japan has yet to disappoint and this is no exception. Arrived this past week and I’m just now listening. My wife thought I had the band in the living room. I live for those moments :grinning:

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Yet another fine string of albums from Dirk! Now I’m on the hun for my copy of The Cure

Sam Rivers Archive Series LP #5/5. Side I Undulation features Rael Wesley Grant - electric bass, Jerry Byrd - guitar banjo, and Steve Ellington - drums. A most fine solo from Sam on Undulation II.

3 Likes

Honestly it is not that bad. Maybe my expectations were very low. I was pleasantly surprised. But, hey, it’s the music that counts and it is pretty great.

The music as I implied is great, and as such I was wanting for better sound. Considering it is still fine, but to want more is no crime.

1 Like

This is the recent Craft reissue.

For the most part it sounds excellent, but ‘Lyresto’ (side 1, track 3) has some truly bad fading/dropouts. Thought there was something wrong with my amp. Apparently this is a known issue.

4 Likes

A fine performance all the same, Burrell’s playing stands out.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Should you dig Toshinori Kondo this is an excellent example of his latter day efforts. Picked this limited edition from Kondoson while he was in Chicago performing a reimagination of the Fred Anderson gig you posted above. Sadly this would be Kondoson’s last stateside performance.

2 Likes