Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 2)

Just finished re-listening to this. Whoa.

DSF DSD128

1 Like

IMG_1129

2 Likes

Tell us more, as this has been on my radar but iI have yet to pull the trigger.

Diggin’ the above considerably. Just picked up the CD on DIscogs. Gongs Eas! could be in my future.

3 Likes

Excellent line-up

Continuing to enjoy the music of Mars Williams. Tatsu and Mars have been friends for ages, and played frequently at Fred Anderson’s Velvet Lounge in Chicago. A most simpaticao duet with fine sonics. Miss you Mars.

Stooping ToTalk To A Cat On A Doorstep

Super Trio, maybe so. The instrumentation is not what one may expect from these three. Well excluding Hamid, a wonderful drummer and superb on the frame drum on this particular set. Worth exploring. Heart Trio - Hamid Drake, Cooper Moore, William Parker.

Heart Trio

2 Likes

So many great recordings to choose from. I’m tossing this one on the pile…

4 Likes

Yet another Chico Hamilton to investigate, :grinning:

Somewhat like Eight Bold Souls in its tonality as it leans into the lower registers, differing in a strong percussive element. Taiko drumming may be a bit much for an early morning listen.

2 Likes

It seems Sonny Stitt’s Tune-up! and Constellation gets a far amount of play here. Rightly so, both are exceptional latter Stitt performances.

2 Likes

Digging Reggie Workman’s bass work on the title track, Yusef Lateef Psychicemotus.

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ava Mendoza: electric guitar
Devin Hoff: electric bass
James Brandon Lewis: tenor saxophone
Ches Smith: drums

3 Likes

Listening to disc 6, with the albums ‘Total Eclipse’ and ‘Spiral’.

4 Likes

IMG_1139

3 Likes

Have you had a chance to listen to the records yet? I ‘m really enjoying this via Roon, not sure I want to drop 60 on the vinyl…what do you think?

2 Likes

I have a strong preference for vinyl and thus went straight for the triple LP box set. In addition to that my digital servers are basically full-up. Having a box set in hand is a personal preference. That said in your case I’d think having the digital download is satisfactory.

1 Like