Strictly Jazz Sounds

Saw her with Chris Botti at the Meyerson.

Tremendous young talent with Jazz Roots.

1 Like

I’m really digging this trio. Streaming from Qobuz for evaluation.

2 Likes

Pretty strong Ornette album, however I find the drumming to be a little frenetic. I believe it is Ornette’s son Denardo on the drum kit.

It is Denardo, and a pretty young Denarado at that.

Some info on an upcoming Mosaic set I’m looking forward to, a first ever collaboration between Mosaic and DOT Time Records.

Thanks for the adjustment.

1 Like

Picked up this vinyl a while back for the A-side second track Nommo. A fine group with James Spaulding, Jymie Merrit, Ronnie Matthews, and Freddie Hubbard.

2 Likes

That looks like a nice set.

I do hope the recording quality is a lot better than the Savory set - that one was a real miss…

King Khan’s The Infinite Ones on LP vinyl brings a Miles Davis electric fusion sound with Sun Ra’s Afro Futuristic sensibility to this mash-up. Dip in to infinity and beyond.

I love the Savory set. I listen to a lot of music of that vintage so I guess I am used to that sound quality which I feel is better on this set than elsewhere.

One recommended by a jazz friend that was rather elusive. Being a fan of the song Nommo, Max Roach and Bill Harper i find it was worth the effort tracking down this vinyl LP. It also features Reggie Workman and Cecil Bridgwater.

1 Like

2 Likes

A clarinet, guitar and double bass trio. Highly recommended. Might suggest starting with “Insomnia” track.

2 Likes

Nice recording and very pleasant performance. The venue ambience is captured in a way that enhances the recording and sound stage.

1 Like

Nathan Davis - Live in Paris

2 Likes

Chet Baker Quartet

2 Likes

Charles Mingus - Tijuana Moods

This is such a good sounding recording & pressing (Speaker’s Corner version)

3 Likes

Listening to Art Pepper’s Straight Life CD a lot this week. Reading his autobiography Straight Life as well. Also received his CD One September Afternoon, but it was an OJC counterfeit CDR. I’ve heard these are legit and counterfeit, so don’t know which is true. Sound was terrible so sent back. Straight Life the album sounds amazing though. The book of the same name is a hot mess, but then again so was his life.

4 Likes