Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 1)

Streaming this now based on your suggestion:

Check the phase button on the Directstream for position ā€œOutā€

3 Likes

Speaking of Chick Corea here is a later one of his Trio sets that I can recommend:

4 Likes

Using a Metrum R2R DAC, not an option for me at the moment. Will try on my other system Thursday or Saturday.

More to come from our Lithuanian friends at No Business.

This one is also a good listen, I too prefer Ricochet:

1 Like

Yes, thereā€™s a six disc set that is worth listening to; donā€™t know if thatā€™s on TIDAL etc. as I donā€™t do any streaming.

1 Like

Yes, the film version usually sounds very artificial, itā€™s just since the SAM that I preferred it because it really sounds great and very transparent. I wish there was a comparably good studio vinyl version.

I also have a 24/96 digital version with all the tracks and will check on occasion.

1 Like

Iā€™ll return to my Speakers Corner for a follow-up evaluation. I donā€™t recall it being lifeless. Probably a limitation of my listening system.

Not lifeless, just a little dark. And all that in comparison even to the MOV version and especially to the SAM (but which has the reverb mix)

When equipment gets better, itā€™s not how much worse less good recordings sound, but how much better the good ones :wink:

On another board we had an interesting discussion about bossa nova and jazz. Some were maintaining bossa nova was jazz, others that it wasnā€™t. Iā€™m in the camp that itā€™s not jazz, something else, but some very jazzy bossa nova happens and I love it. This is one of those recordings. Iā€™m reaching for it latelyā€“it delivers as bossa nova when I have that frequent itch, and thereā€™s some great jazz-sounding guitar and ā€œflavor,ā€ and the recording is very very good.

Fernanda Cunha ā€œJobim at 90ā€

1 Like

Itā€™s weird but I hear a real difference.
It is that I was noticed by someone with a recording background.

Zoot Sims ā€œBossa Nova Sessionsā€“featuring Jim Hallā€

1 Like

Some considerably newer Grant Geissman than the album I played earlier:

Letā€™s call it world music jazz :wink:

1 Like

No, doesnā€™t work for me. Itā€™s bossa nova, period. I have hundreds of discs and itā€™s a passion of mine.

Caring about how bossa nova is classified is the very luxury we have :wink:

1 Like

This comes to mind!

2 Likes

Indeed. I count my blessings often.

1 Like

I had a gap in my Thelonious Monk LP collection. Thank-you tp @amsco15 that gap is now filled. I do have the earlier 2 LP gatefold issue as well.

2 Likes

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: