Strictly Jazz Sounds (Part 1)

Thanks for sharing :wink:

Just released today, and a nice twofer available as a digital download. One can never have too much Andrew Hill.

1 Like

For those keen on live jazz performance, the Hyde Park Jazz Festival kicks off Saturday September 24. With good weather predicted this should be a killer festival, at and round about the University of Chicago Hyde Park campus.

Hyde Park Jazz Festival September 24-25

My wife and I dropped by Hyde Park last weekend and did spent time strolling the neighborhood including Jackson Park, Robie House, 63rd Street Beach, Seminary Co-op Bookstore and 57th Street Books. For a quick bite and a capuccino we stopped in at Medici. No time for the Oriental Institute, fans of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark certainly would appreciate it. So in addition to a fine Jazz Festival here are many opportunities in and around Hyde Park.

3 Likes

Listening to One for a Dime, picked up this 1969 LP back in the day. A little worse for wear, but the music is fantastic. Archie Shepp, Three For a Quarter, One For a Dime.

3 Likes

Next up a bit of Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Bright Moments. Yet another dated 1973 LP.

3 Likes

Two words - Tomeka Reid !

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Indeed, strong line-up all around, but yes Tomeka has a special place for me as well.

Switching over to some electric Miles for the evening including:

2 Likes

I like the avant-garde and subtle work. I will need to spend more time with these records. THANKS!!

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

Carmen McRae “Something Wonderful” (with bonus material) Fresh Sounds cd

Nice to have this extra material. A great original album.

3 Likes

Disc 7

5 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes