Suggestion for connection to music server

I am going to adding a Naim UnitiServe to my system. Along with a mac mini which is using the USB connection. Which would be better to place the music server into the system through the Direct Stream? Coax or the Optical input?

Coax is the most sure connection, guaranteed to get you to 192/24. Optical has the advantage of galvanic isolation, but is only guaranteed to 96/24. Some combinations of equipment do get 192, but this on a strictly per unit basis on both ends of the link.

Ultimately it is up to you to try them out and find out which works best for you and your system. Sorry that there is not a clear answer that A is better than B.

pack66184 said I am going to adding a Naim UnitiServe to my system. Along with a mac mini which is using the USB connection. Which would be better to place the music server into the system through the Direct Stream? Coax or the Optical input?
I may not be understanding your intended deployment, but not sure what the point is of the Mac "mini which is using the USB connection." Is that your player/controller? Which USB connection? The one on the Naim?

Given that the Naim is a network ripper/server, why not equip your DS with the Bridge II and get the benefit of the network? Then you will be able to play files up to DoubleDSD.

Thank you, appreciate the input