Sunlight: Installation and Technical Issues

Easy Peasy.

Don’t forget to read the “read me” file!

2 Likes

Rookie question…where is the MAC OS guide located?

1 Like

It is again the „old“ way. You have to copy the files onto the sd card. There is text file on the download file explaining.

We may do the Windows and MAC specific DL when they go live on the downloads page like last time.

4 Likes

I have just installed it. I follow the instructions on PS Audio website, so no problem. Thanks again to Ted, Paul, and the PS Audio team!

1 Like

I think I have a problem with my jriver and matrix setup

1 Like

Up and running with no problems, whole process took less than 5 minutes

1 Like

I don’t know if i’m the only one but i’m not able to update the Directstream Jr.
I tried with 2 different usb sticks (1Gb and 4Gb in FAT16 and 32) and when swithcing on again the directstream Jr, it doesn’t do anything, Windom is loading up as usual.
Did anyone experience the same issue ?

Thanks.

1 Like

One possibility is that your contacts in the USB connector in the Jr are slightly tarnished.

Put your USB stick in and out maybe five or ten times and then try again.

Same here on my Jr. Standby button flashes each time as if the update is taking…but then Windom still shows…no Sunlight here as of yet.

I noticed on the DS Sr. that I had to cycle power twice. Power was off, SD card installed and first power up didn’t load Sunlight (still had Windom). Cycle power again and all was good.

I tried the tip but i still have the same issue.
Thanks for trying to help though.

I’m waiting for others to see if the issue is replicable for Directstream Jr owners like DanielWinters78

1 Like

Have you disconnected all digital inputs, I know that can be a problem in the snr

Yep, I’ve unplugged all cables except the powercord obviously

Updated to Sunlight on my DS Sr with no problem and using Roon it sound good but every time I change the volume either up or down with the remote it changes input to Is2 and stops Roon. I need some help please as at the moment I’m not very impressed.

Mike

I had the same issue and always have had this issue with new firmware and I have a Jr. The trick I found that works is to first install the Yale and then the Sunlight install should work.

You can find the Yale download in Support/Firmware Archives. I am listening to Sunlight now.

3 Likes

Junior install trouble with me also. Yale did not solve the problem either.
I have tried two different USB sticks, both 4GB
Format FAT32 on windows
copy files

Insert usb
Turn on junior
About one minute with blinking power led
Screen load like normal and menu still show windom

Edit: also tried creating the USB by formatting in on my Mac, same result

Hmmm…I experience nothing of the sort with either DSD nor BHK preamp volume…nor volume in Roon apps. What’s your preamp?

Not using a pre-amp haven’t used one for years my only input is Roon so the volume control on the DS Sr is used all the time.

Sunlight on DSD installation was seamless for me.

I was a bit concerned since I only had a 32GB SDCARD. Fortunately, it loaded very quickly. I was done in approximately 2 minutes from start to finish. Now it’s time to listen.

2 Likes