System Photos!

It’s fantastic to see all these wonderful systems. If I had the time and funds I’d love to organize a tour and come visit some of you .

Being in Manhattan I don’t have the dedicated room or amount of space many of you have, but I do have a decent amount of space to let the system breathe.

You’ll notice several of Andrew Jones’ designs in the house (I have actually had him at my house years ago).

Some older pics from earlier set up

The TTweights turntable is sitting on a Halcyonics type active vibration cancelation platform, and soon the BHK 300’s will be each be placed on the same type of rig. Hard to see is the tube Atma-sphere MP1 pre Amp with separate power supply. Niagara 7000 is the power conditioner, and Soundsmith Strain Gauge is the phono cart/dedicated phono pre with Graham Phantom II arm and Stealth Audio hyperphono arm cable. The tube amps people have been asking about are Atma-sphere MA-1 Triode OTL’s.

Speakers are TAD CR-1’s, augmented with Velodyne DD 10+ servo subs on custom Starsound Sistrum stands and Enigmacoustic 'stat super tweeters ( currently set up as rear firing). Abbey Road’s mastering suite uses the larger TAD R1 that has a pair of 10" woofers as opposed to my single 8", but I enjoy being able to dial in the amount of under 40hz content for each recording and listening level via the sub’s remote. However their room much smaller and they don’t nearly have the level of amplification the BHK 30’s provide.

Dac is Directstream with BII card and Uptone EtherRegen.

Incidentally the cabling is extremely basic could use updating. Interconnects are balanced mogami gold mic cables, and the quad run of speaker cable is a combination, including runs I made. Power cables are a variety of older items and runs I made with Oyaide plugs and IEC’s. There’s one nice PS Audio AC10 power cord feeding the conditioner. I’d love to replace some of the speaker cables with multiple runs of Iconoclast, but my money needs to go towards creating a film project I will post about soon.

The Emotiva home theater is a completely separate system, although the Velodyne subs accommodate multiple inputs and can serve double duty for stereo and HT. They are fed high level from the BHK amps and balanced from the XMC-1 HT pre. The HT gear is also fed by the Niagara. The center channel is the Andrew Jones designed Elac Adante AC61 with internal band pass woofers (visible drivers are passive radiators) on its dedicated stand.

The rear wall behind the speakers serves as a 15’ diagonal projection screen, and the Realtrap panels that line it (and 2 in first reflection points - not pictured) can be moved to be assembled into a voice over booth.

The space is actually quite a good live for occasional music recording, and eventually it will be used to mix a project.

And just for fun I’ve included some Pics of my office in a separate room and how the listening space can double as a greenscreen studio.

Mic collection including AKG’s and a tube vintage Neumann U67

Rupert Neve channel strip mic pre/compression/parametric eq/transformer saturation

The projection, video sources and HDMI picture and sound routing.

And finally the view from the listening seat.

21 Likes