System Photos!

Ah, get the carpet isolation now. But debris and dust free room? However I must say, in The Netherlands (where air duct heating and air conditioning systems are scarce, we have truck loads of dust.
We couldn’t believe how much less dust we had in our home in Texas. We expect due to the air duct air conditioning / heating system the home had. The air filters caught a lot and had to be replaced on a regular by monthly basis.
It is too easy to project your own circumstances to others.

But any home needs vacuum cleaning, even our home in Texas, with that high end gear on the floor, I’d sweat tons of water only thinking about not scratching or damaging the pressures equipment.

I have a house at a lake and it has no dust. Period. Once a month you might need to shake a feather duster around if you really want to but it’s not needed. The other house has a concrete crusher and sand mine next door. That house you can dust twice a day if wanted to and not keep up. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

But the floors of your house at the lake do get cleaned I suppose, because dust or no dust floors do get dirty over time and at least to me the floor is no environment for such vulnerable equipment.

That’s how I had my system… For about 2 days until I was able to get my audio rack reconfigured and reinstalled. Even for those two days, I was worried about dirt or dust and the fact that the cats could very easily walk all over the gear, and possibly puke into the vents. For that reason, I placed two large pillows over the gear when I wasn’t around.

Sure, it looked neat, but I was too worried to leave it that way. Not to mention I had no way of spinning my vinyl like that.

11 Likes

NHT Towers…a classic. For sure the m700’s/SGCD does them justice.

1 Like

LOL!!! I know that nightmare :rofl:

1 Like

The M700’s don’t even flinch with these 2.9’s. And the 2.9’s have never sounded better. Definitely a match made in heaven,

1 Like

One of my brothers had that happen to his Marsh A200S amplifier. It was on an amp stand, one of his cats got on top of it and barfed right on top of it, completely shorting it out and frying it. Talk about pissed!

It was a nice amp, and sounded pretty darn good as well. Here’s a pic of it when he was letting me try it out in my system…

9 Likes

Are you kidding? Cat threw up, fried the amp? What’s nice is that you have a brother who shares the same hobby.

1 Like

Dead serious. It was about a week after I gave the amp back to him and I went back to my custom Odyssey Audio Khartago Kismet amp with ALL of the extra goodies, thanks to Klaus Bunge.

Also, it’s nice that all three of my brothers share the same hobby.

4 Likes

Years ago I had an Aragon 4004 and if you know the Amp, Dan D’Agostino designed it for Aragon. It had a trough on one side of the amp to cool heat sinks. My Burmese cat slept on the amp. He threw up into the trough. It did kill the amp and I sent it back. It wasn’t the first to have the problem apparently.

1 Like

Not quite as dramatic, but we have a Bernese Mountain Dog, cute fluffy giant dog. Very relaxed. But, when he was a puppy: … his urge to put his teeth in my stereo rack, all glass and stainless steel, but he found its feet to be made from wood, so there he went-or rather his teeth.

Then cables, luckily just the phone cable, and a power cord to the floor standing lamp, luckily he did not bit entirely through the insulation, otherwise it would have fried the dog instead of the equipment, which would have been a disaster.

Why I tell this on the forum:
Keep puppies away from your pressures Audio cables!

1 Like

That’s right. I had Aragon 8008Mk2, same aesthetic.

My nearly 5 year old catching the bug.

20 Likes

Never underestimate the reach and power of the Pawfia.

1 Like

My wife has drawn the line at no more cats. We have an energetic Spanish Water Dog. He’s banned from my audio room.

Off course with Simon & Garfunkel on, who wouldn’t?! Contemplating the Stellar Phono Pre Amp?

1 Like

Not really. My serious listening is all CD. I just have this rather inexpensive, but still good, turntable for the novelty of being able to throw on an LP on occasion.

My next upgrade is the Stellar Power Plant :wink:

Our Dog is awesome. She pulls her pillow under one of my 901’s sometimes and other times, she just chills. But when there’s a “pop” or a “bang” caused my me messing my setup/cables with everything still on. She hates it ! Runs away looking for my Wife.

7 Likes

Alright alright

Here you go

14 Likes