System Photos!

This house is in the woods and faces the lake. Those two windows look into the woods so it was ok with her.
I told her that I would put the components in the closet so she didn’t have to look at them or try to clean around them.
The dog is a German Shorthaired Pointer although he does look a little like a Dane. Of course he always gets first choice of places to lay.
I haven’t had any time adjust the DSP at the speaker level but they are really nice sounding. Very clear and intricate details in the music appear in space. They really do disappear when playing music.

8 Likes

Ya, I know, thanks! I just break in my gear by listening normally. Kind of dim-witted of me but I do try to just be grateful for the sound I have…but these KEF Reference 1s have tested my patience…are really starting to sound really great now. The pair of REL T/7i are filling out the presentation too. It’s been a big transition going from big 200lbs, 6’ speakers to this much smaller configuration.

2 Likes

Enjoy being able to alter their position! I very much like to alter the sound with small movements and play off the asymmetry nearly ever room exhibits

1 Like

I’d highly recommend cleaning the tweeters and adding new fresh ferofluid.

1 Like

An obvious horse theme there.

She likes horses and I like horsepower

2 Likes

I live close to a stretch of Autobahn, where you can unleash the horse power. It’s fun.

2 Likes

Oh Mary…

With my BHK 300’s sidelined until they get sorted out at the mothership, I’ve gone back to my Woo WA5-LE and my Utopia headphones. The sound is just sublime. Gotta love big tubes and the whole single ended experience.

12 Likes

Have you tried putting the speakers a bit closer together?

Something there looks familiar!

For times when I need solid state

And for when I need a tube fix

Sonist Audio Concerto 4 speakers

17 Likes

not something I would ever attempt :laughing::laughing:

Yup the Matrix is there. It’s fed by an HDPlex 200W linear Power Supply now. I’m pleased with the sound.

I was considering picking up one of those at some point. Seems like a great option for all your smaller components in on box (router, matrix etc)

HDPlex 200W are very flexible with 4 outlets on the newest version with 2 variable outputs. I have one previous with 5 out and 1 variable. It gets rid of a lot of wall warts and improved the sound. I can easily move from 5-9 volts for the Matrix. Resale is very good on these if you change your mind.

2 Likes

I haven’t yet, but you might have something there.

A couple other recent changes to the system will allow me to move them in so they are about five feet apart. They’re currently eight feet apart.

I have SHL5+ 40th AE 8 feet apart, my P3’s are much closer. They will image better if closer, plus you have one in a corner and one in fairly open space. 5 feet apart sounds good, you could also experiment with facing forward or toed in, but if they are close to the wall I would toe in at least 10 degrees. Nice stands, but perhaps spend $2 on some door bumpers.

I do have felt strips on the top and bottom of the stands. I might go to rubber, but the felt is doing a pretty good job minimizing the resonance.

Here’s the deal… I was on the list for the Stellar Phono Preamp beta, but couldn’t decide. But then, as someone suggested at some point, those Harbeths might put you on the upgrade merry-go-round.

So, throwing caution to the wind, not only did I have @jamesh send me the SPP, i said what the hell and ordered the Stellar SGCD with M700s. AND THIS IS FOR MY DEN, WHICH NOBODY ELSE USES!

Right now I have introduced only the SPP, and am comparing it with my existing NAD PP2e preamp. Hopefully i’ll have a review up by the end of the weekend. But I really want to just toss the whole stack in the mix and have at it.

Part of the challenge is that I’d need to literally stack the stack to allow enough space to bring the speakers in to 5 feet. But I don’t think that would be too much of an issue at this point.

Chris in Crazytown

2 Likes

My P3 are in my office as well. The GCD is something I would very much like to try, but in the UK there are lots of small form factor units. I currently have an Audiolab M-One and Aries Mini, alternates would be a Bluesound Node 2i and a small Rega amp or Sprout. P3 are fine with only 50w.