System Photos!

I updated the post with tube Amp and other info.

3 Likes

Nice mics :slight_smile:
Tried the beyer mc740s? Also a good 'un!

Truly exceptional! Hats off to you, wonderful setup!

Wow! And you want to go see other systems? With a rig like yours, I don’t think I would ever want to leave! Fantastic setup! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

That is so sweet nice set up​:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

Wow, you have a wonderful abode! Congrats!

Understatement of the year. :crazy_face:

Seriously, nice space.

1 Like

Picked up a piece of baltic birch and some IKEA cabinet legs and tossed together a shelf for the Schiit gear. Pretty simple, but it keeps things cooler. Once I get a longer USB cable to go from the Mac Minis to the Matrix, I’ll move the Macs to the right side.

17 Likes

Shelf looks really nice. You have some really good looking Schiit there. The elephant rocks.

1 Like

I’ve made a few updates since I posted my system. Here is the most current photo.

11 Likes

That looks great! And that big ole’ DAC in there! Now you just need to start throwing some NOS tubes at it.

Speaking of throwing tubes at it…

I decided to go ahead and throw the Raytheon/Baldwin tubes on the “output” side of the preamp, so now NOS tubes coming and going… One word…

WOW!!!

Talk about a holographic sound! It’s so three dimensional, so sultry, so emotional. It even seems to be more dynamic. It’s certainly even quieter at the tweeter with nothing playing and just the ever so slightest “hiss” barely coming through at full volume. It’s quite incredible what adding these tubes to the mix did.

6 Likes

sweeeeet!

So, the raytheon/baldwin on the output stage, and Sylvania JAN VT-231 on the input stage?

1 Like

You might consider moving the two Class A amps to the top shelf on either side of the Freya for more ventilation and the Mini’s and other parts down to the cabinet top.

2 Likes

Yes sir. A great combo!

ooh, interesting.

Yeah, that might be a good idea, thank you!

(FWIW: The amps are warm, but the Freya is definitely warmer.)

cool. Where did you order the tube risers? (Or socket savers, or whatever they’re called.)

eBay, but there’s several online companies that sell them as well. I just got mine on eBay because I ordered them from the same vendor that I ordered some tubes from.

thanks.

I’m just really amazed you’re seeing that much of a difference in the tubes. But I think that’s awesome, and it offers us tweak-hungry dweebs a fun way to experiment.

1 Like

It just goes to show how much better quality NOS tubes are over decent new tubes.