System Photos!

Rudolf,
you are very observant. You’re probably right.
Greetings.
Wiesiek.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve had them since August of last year and am quite happy with them.

-Terry

2 Likes

Terry and @wiesiek, the picture caught my attention as seeing them placed as close to the TV as the speakers in my living room, for the first time I get the idea of their size and how they’d probably look in my living room. Nice supports by the way. They look surprisingly good. Regardless this backlight, thanks for posting.

May I ask, what is the size of your TV,?

2 Likes

It’s 65". The stands are Skylan and are custom built to the 8c dimensions. The room is larger than it appears. It is 15 feet wide.

3 Likes

Waiting for the 7.11. like no tomorrow. Kappa 8’s incoming.
I’ve had “hi-fi” until now, let’s see what I’ll think of “high-end”…

2 Likes

Our TV is 49, so compared they would appear a bit larger in our living room that is also 5 m ~ 15 ft wide (and deep) with a 2.9 m sealing, accoustically probably one of the worst shapes. That’s why I look for active speakers that can go close to the wall and offer some kind of room correction.

I once sat next to a Scotch man in an airplane making the third landing attempt on Hartford CN In a thunderstorm. He gave me the best words of wisdom. Whisky only gets better in the cask, never in the bottle, drink it while you can, certainly that Lagavulin (in your logo). If I weren’t on the other side of the pond, I’d be happy to assist while listening to your system. In the meanwhile, I‘ll pour in a Glenrothes, also not bad.

Enjoy Terry.

2 Likes

I think the 8cs will be perfect for your requirements. Room correction is quite simple with the REW integration. I have the process down to about fifteen minutes now.

No need to worry about the Lagavulin. I have finished that bottle and am halfway through the next. Sláinte.

3 Likes

Tonight here in S America is a little bit cold and rainy, time for some Frangelico and something soothing on the TT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s cold and rainy here in Ohio tonight as well. The wife and I are enjoying a nice Cabernet Sauvignon.

-Terry

3 Likes

Finally moved out to my garage turned office/HT/Music room.

Added Klipsch based 7.3.4 (2 Rels and a Monolith 15 subs) HT setup along side the Nenuphar.
Still need to find a more permanent place for the Rega, probably will wall mount it.

18 Likes

Care to describe the Nenuphar a bit?

I’ve made quite a few changes since my last post.

1. Quite a few new cables: Iconoclast, Shunyata, Wireworld, Pangea, etc.
  2. Corner and ceiling bass traps, functional hanging poly shag runner, plant diffusers, doorstops and Herbie’s damper, GreatGRAMMAs
  3. Farad Super3s for the Matrix and Nucleus+
  4. Alta Audio Alec floorstanders
  5. 2x 20 amp circuits
33 Likes

Shelves are 1” thick. Each can hold 77lbs (35kg). Rega RP8 with Apheta 2 is still doing the magic with Naim Uniti Core. There is Stellar phono stage, BHK pre, DSD Sr. with Bridge II, and a pair of M700s all driving Dynaudio Contour 20 on dedicated stands filled with sand. P15 is the latest addition to the stack and I am lovin’ it.

26 Likes

Very nice system Serhan…placing your P15 on that 4th shelf
is quite a lift to do single handedly. Makes me think you pump
iron for the fun of it…

Thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Thanks David. :smile: no iron involved. just swimming twice a week and a few push-ups a day would do the trick. You may notice the system zone is live and speakers are away from side walls. But I cannot pull them forward or lower the stack.

1 Like

Great looking system!

May I ask the brand of your shelves? Thank you.

Just: wow!

1 Like

I second your comment. Nice system and Vee is meticulous knowledgeable audiophile.

Very nice set-u and those shelves look great. I too am curious as to the brand or source for the shelves.

1 Like

Thanks Philipp,
Atacama, carbon enriched bamboo wood. The manufacturer recommends 4 shelves and a net gear load of 120kg (264lbs) for all shelves. I put 5 shelves but the total load including the weight of the additional shelf is 104kg (229lbs). It comes in wide and narrow versions.

3 Likes