System Photos!

I did a few more things recently… Sold the Music Hall mmf-7.3 turntable and Schiit Mani to my oldest brother, drove 130 miles round trip to pick up an absolutely mint Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2 amplifier, installed taller shelf poles and cross braces for my Vulcan rack to make room for that huge amp, and removed all of the cabling coming from and going to the stack of cassette decks in the back of the room for now.

10 Likes

another LMS user here, on and off since around that time :slight_smile:
never had any of the hardware sadly but played from it with browsers and then pi squeezelite instances.

Squeezebox…
YEARS ahead of their time, and paved the way for everything else.

Had a few SB3’s, couple of Touches, a Boom and a Transporter.
Still use a Touch and the Boom, only recently sold my Transporter.

Sorry for the delay in answering. The first HDMI cable didn’t work. The second I finally got around to attaching today.

It sounds excellent. Virtually indistinguishable from the balanced connection. I got to see the DSD display in my SGCD so I know it was functioning as intended. I’ll leave it hooked up and play more records because I don’t have anything else that would use that port anyway. So I remain willing to revisit my opinion. But initially? It sounds great.

Mike in Dayton

1 Like

Hi Mike, thank you for the feedback.

I am not surprised that you can hardly hear a difference.

Add to it the possibility to record to a computer via USB. It is a petty PS Audio don’t make them anymore.

Hang on to it it’s good piece of gear.

I hope I can find one even second hand for good price.

I’ve been really pleased with it overall. I did get it as an absolute steal. I’ve tried once to record from a record and it seemed to work fine. I don’t plan on letting it go anytime soon.

1 Like

And a torch to knock on anybody’s head who tries to take it :wink: