System Photos!

I have the Gaia 1’s which are the correct weight range with carpet spikes. I’m waiting for COVID vaccine’s and the Wilson dealer has offered to come and set them up with a Wilson Speaker jack. Yes Wilson makes one for $700. I’m not buying one for the few times I’m going to adjust positioning.

5 Likes

No but my TechDAS Air Force III Premium with the Gold Plated Graham Phantom Elite Tonearm is arriving Wednesday! I am somewhat excited.

Not a peep from the folks behind the May DAC.

I imagine they have the wonderful problem of overwhelming orders.

I could tell you a longish story about “correct weight” for Isoacoustics feet. Long story short it looks like Titan Ones would be correct for the weight of my Yvettes but I was convinced to buy the next size up to put the weight in the 50% to 60% range of the higher up model rather than the 85% to 95% range of the “correct” model. Charts and graphs from Isoacoustics were offered to back up this position.

I am glad they don’t sell toilet paper.

1 Like

Five to seven weeks is what Tim told me when I messaged with him a couple of weeks ago. He said they were trying to increase staff after the New Year.

I think it’s been a month for me.
As I already have at least seven DACs I am pretty calm about this. I might just put an early order in for the DSD MKII as I am a Ted fanboy.

Same here already have more than needed so no rush either. I just need to make sure it is delivered to the house I am going to be at so it’s more about timing.

1 Like

Neither one of will be home when the package is delivered with zero warning.

1 Like

@watchdog507 I notice the big unit between the BHK M300 units. Are you bi amping or driving active or is the middle unit not a power amp?

Same also with NAD. Ordered the C658 and M33 in January. Expected delivery, C658 mid/end of March, M33 end of May. Due to a combination of High demand, Covid 19 under staffed (sick leaves), quadrupled transport costs for container transports from China, short of supplies due to Covid 19, some parts are from the Uk and we are facing tremendous border issues and tariffs due to Brexit.

The world has changed at fast pace.

Been tweaking speaker positioning more, adjusting levels, crossover points and such. Really getting these dialed in. The result of all that work was that the AutoEQ in the dbx Venu 360 had to implement a lot less in order to make corrections.

Afterwards, I played my reference songs from Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight, I Don’t Care Anymore, and Genesis - Mama. Songs/albums that I have lived and breathed for the past 30+ years. Also Carley Simon -Coming Around Again and Sting - Why Should I Cry For You and When The Angels Fall.

Especially while playing the Phil Collins and Genesis tracks, tonight was the first time in a very long time that my system made me get chills down my spine and actually start laughing to myself because how damn good it sounded! The last time this happened was when I was running HUGE open baffles back in the early 2000’s with Usher Audio 15" drivers and Altec Voice Of The Theater 511B horns and 908-8b drivers. And this system is more refined than that system was, and much smaller by comparison!

Sheer dynamic swing, purely effortless slam, in-the-room vocals and drums, stage width and depth galore! And the naturalness and realistic presentation of it all… And this is STILL with the flimsy temp baffles and only one bass driver per side. I still have six more of these Eminence Acoustinator N2012 drivers to install (three per channel).

This is the RTA on the dbx Venu 360 after all the tweaking and running AutoEQ again, now with a lot less processing needed.

5 Likes

Is the Tim you speak of Tim Connor of Kitsune?

Yes It is.

1 Like

It’s a spare amplifier. It’s a California Audio Technology 600.2 MBX. Weighs 140lbs and uses two C19 terminated cables and runs on 120/240 sensing automatically. True dual mono. Lovely beast!

1 Like

Have you thought about driving your speakers active? Like the California for the bass, and the BHK’s for the low midrange through tweeter.

1 Like

The thought did occur to me but I’d have buy a good crossover and more cables and list goes on. Right now simple is better. The Wilson’s aren’t designed for biwiring or biamping there’s a way to do it but it’s not straight forward.

2 Likes

biamping is cool, but so is a really well designed passive crossover carefully marched to specific drivers :slight_smile:
i am lucky i have both options here!

1 Like

I agree, if your ‘reference level’ speakers are not designed for such configuration, I would not bother either.

I am a big fan of active, but at the end chose for the integrated NAD M33 which through the idea of active speakers out of the window. I made that call as I am very curious about the Eigentakt amps and know Rowen / VonSchloo passive speakers with high end Swiss made quality for reasonable money.

The VonSchloo are also designed for single passive connections.

But I can’t afford both at the time, so first upgrade is AV Receiver to NAD M33 and second step, Canton Vento to VonSchloo L10. I am curious if the Eigentakt amplifier and Dirac (integrated in M33) are able to unleash the full potential of the Cantons and how that sounds anyway, so the staged upgrades should be fun.

2 Likes

I just got his new LCR MKV phono stage to try out, spoke with hem seems like a good designer

That’s my actual main system.

38 Likes

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like