System Photos!

Clearly not to scale but this is the rough metric dimensions of our room of music.

1 Like

excellent, thanks.

Looks like 17 feet deep if google’s math is correct.

(5300mm=17+ feet… although 1800+2500=4300, so more like 14 feet deep?)

1 Like

There is a 1mtr wide entrance/hallway behind the seat that takes it to 17ft

ah ok, that makes sense.

805 Nautilus was one of the best sounding speakers B&W ever made, that and the Silver Signature!

1 Like

Nice! Are these with the actual ATC mid range or the Volt version of ATC mid range?

Those 3” dome mid range are very special indeed!

Love the Volt woofers with the external basket too - very cool!

Large PMC and ATC are very special indeed. That mid range dome is exceptional.

Hi Rhythmatist,
As far as I was aware the mid and bass drivers are made by PMC.

I didn’t know that PMC now make their own drivers, that must be something new. Good for them. Great speakers!

1 Like

IMG_0100 Speakers are spiked for optimal imaging, otherwise set back against the walls when not in use. Not seen: dual subwoofers along side walls.

16 Likes

Two DACs…?

Curiously yours,

Hello,

Just one DAC. The other PSAudio components look similar.

1 Like

My mobile system reflects my preferences for low-watt-SET-amp-efficient-horns and time aligned multiple drivers, yielding a very 3d sonic soundscape. But, oddly enough, the neighbors are not big fans.:weary:

13 Likes

Hahaha. The second Mad Max was a classic. Not sure I liked the re-boot although it had its moments.

Nice ATC’s Philipp. Very, very nice speakers…! Can’t find your amps, what are you using…?

1 Like

I did the same thing! He has the active version of the speakers. No amps needed!

1 Like

The active versions of the ATC have active crossovers and fine Class A/B amps integrated. One thing not to worry about / tinker around…

2 Likes

beautiful set up Philipp. How do you like the Innuos server?

T

Have ordered new speakers from my good friend Rune Frost jensen from
Gato Audio. It draws nails. FM-50 - 3-way Passive Floorstanding Speaker.
I’m looking forward to Christmas Eve. Hear them if you can.

More love Denmark

Rune is one of the real talented speakers based in Denmark

2 Likes

Here’s what’s left running at the moment while I reconstruct an old Danish teak bookcase into a cabinet for the system. In the future I’ll flesh out the Cado Wall System and add room treatments.

I stumbled onto PSAudio while being given a demo for a different manufacturer’s integrated. $8k worth of digital front end to demo a $3k integrated . I’m glad they did though. The thing is that the DSD highlighted certain weaknesses in my admittedly older system that now I can’t not address.

Since I don’t posses any pachyderms I’ll throw in a fossilized fish. I’ll spare you the joke about it making the sound more liquid, but mostly with Rock music.

The system as it sits at the moment is:

Kef LS50s
DSMP
DSD Sr.
Belles 150A
Connected up with some older Kimber Silver Streak and 8VS
Obligatory IKEA cutting board amp stand
An old Lane side table that will go back under the VPI HW-16.5 later

14 Likes