System Photos!

nice and simple set up! looks great - and bet it sounds fantastic.
T

1 Like

If you ever sell that fish I want it… Hahahaha…

1 Like

Here is my contribution:
Biamped Apogee Diva speakers with improved passive crossovers.
Two Martin Logan Depth i subs just visible behind speakers.
Two Krell KSA 250 amplifiers for winter listening. (one has a whooping 400,000 uF of power supply filter capacitance.
Two Emotiva XPR-2 amplifiers for summer listening.
Custom amp stand.
McIntosh MR78 tuner (modified).
Mark Levinson 380S preamp
PS Audio Directstream DAC
Benchmark DAC1 (modified)
Krell KBX balanced crossover
Krell KPA phono stage
Basis Ovation turntable on custom 3/4" triangular shaped acrylic stand.
SME V tonearm.
Koetsu Urushi MKii cartridge re-tipped by Van Den Hull.
Home made bass traps in the corners.
Acoustic panels (2’ square) behind each speaker

18 Likes

The Plinius Ref’s where also on my short list of amps, next to the BHK’s. I bought the BHK’s… Nice room, has a lot of zen…!

I sure wish some folks would post how to built those beautiful amp stands and racks. Maybe this is the wrong forum?

Ask nicely about how to construct a handmade stand/rack you like and the poster may be willing to help you out.

1 Like

Love the mix of old and new high-quality/value kit…nicely done.

I had Apogee’s with a Krell KSA 250 and a Rowland Consummate Pre for years and I loved the package. I miss the Apogee presentation of vocals.

I have to say I am happy for the moment. The DSD and it’s ability to go straight to the amp has shown me that my pre was the source of the darkness I felt my system had. Since that’s out of the system I now need a new pre and a new phone stage so I can hook my old VPI HW-19 Mk. IV back up. I miss my Vinyl.

Thank you Ronald.
We like plants, and they also help with the acoustics of the room.

After all these years (1991) I still love them.

1 Like

New setup:sunglasses:

16 Likes

Oh man I love the Millennium Falcon and Death Star, I bet they were fun builds.

I don’t see a sub - have your Maggies been able to deliver enough bass for you?

REL S/5

11 Likes

General nice ask: Any of you folks who have a handmade stand/rack, would you possibly either DM me or start a topic on stands? I’d really love to build myself a nice stand.

I built mine a couple of years ago. 3 sheets of 8mm aluminum, 8 hollow square aluminum profiles with sufficient height, 4 threaded rods and you’re done. I augmented it with adhesive damping material.

2 Likes

Right. Basically the Salamander design with the infinitely adjustable heights via threaded rods. Sweet. THANK YOU.

IMG_6282

IMG_6283

20 Likes

OKAY! Now I see it. That’s fantastic. Thanks again.

The trick is @umiami91 to place the feet in such a way that the whole thing sorta balances out without bending inwards. Especially that PS Audio stuff is kinda heavy… :sunglasses: