The next DirectStream update?

You will love Santorini (my profile pic), Paul.
A very special place to get away and recharge.

Be sure to trek out to Oia, that’s where a lot of the classic travel pics of Greece are from… here’s one of mine that will be familiar. To stand on this very spot was magical.

3 Likes

The first Shahinian speaker I bought was Arcs back in 1991then a few years past and I bought Obelisks.
Bought my first pair of Diapasons in 1995 and I’ve owned a few pairs over the years.
I also have in my collection Elf’s, Larcs and Obelisks 2s.
Like you said, Shahinian are great speakers.

1 Like

It sure looks like a Diapason to me too. I remember When Dick brought them to the New York Audio show in 1991 I believe.

2 Likes

Indeed, that’s where we are staying. Here’s a flick from my iPhone.

7 Likes

You should call the coming update “Santorini”. That is the name of the volcano after all. You could then revert to Colorado peaks or keep using volcano names. There are many nice sounding volcano names!

Wonderful! Safe travels.

D.

Santorini is one of my favourite places. Magical.

It’s always a pleasure to read what Ted writes. I will never sell my DS - It’s cool. It’s just so wild that Ted just continues to make one more fat update after another. Thanks to Ted. It’s good you are found. More love from Denmark.:kissing_heart:

So are we getting an update this week for the weekend?

Maybe not…

Hope so

I think the tradition is;

1.) Release on a Friday afternoon

2.) 99% of people install and enjoy the increase in sound quality

3.) 1% have issues where the new update won’t take and complain about Friday releases and not being able to call PS Audio for help and proceed to blow up the forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’m guessing, yes, tomorrow we’ll see a release based on tradition. :smile:

8 Likes

An excellent, accurate summary.

:joy: That’s some funny $h*&!

I guess the 1%'s cheerleader will be back for that event?

Today is my birthday, really, and I have no issues updating or retrograding my DS.

@DarrenMyers. Ready, Set , Drop!

1 Like

It’s about time to meet the new mountain…
:mount_fuji::mountain::mountain_snow::volcano:

Haha it’s Fri afternoon already and whoever it is who is responsible hasn’t even breathed here.

So I guess no it’s not dropping this week.

Happy Birthday though with or without the new firmware.

Paul is in Greece enjoying the cool weather. He mentioned Darren may or may not release it.

I personally expect it not earlier than 2 weeks after Paul is back (in case there are no bugs).