The Audiophile road trip

The M1200’s are going to their new home today in Louisville Kentucky. I’m an hour north of Chicago so we are on our way!

9 Likes

Avoiding FedEx and UPS at all costs I see.

5 Likes

Safe travels.

2 Likes

Honk and wave as you go past Indy. :wave:

3 Likes

Safe Travels II, I hoped you watched the movie Road Trip (2000) :smile:

2 Likes

Stopping by Audio Solutions tomorrow. Hopefully.

1 Like

I may have been to Audio Solutions, but if I was, it was many, many years ago. There used to be at least a couple of small high-end shops in the Broad Ripple Area. There’s also a Lou Malnati’s very near AS, but it’s brand new, so while I think it’s open for business by now, I can’t swear to it.

If you happen to be in Indy tonight, Chicago bluegrass band Special Consensus is performing at Northminster Presbyterian Church at 7:00 PM. Admission is free (though they do pass the collection plate).

Northminster Presbyterian Church
1660 Kessler Blvd East Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46220

I can confirm that the Lou Malnati’s is open, or at least it was back in December.

2 Likes

Met @charliewilliamsdesign (Charlie) tonight great guy with great systems in his beautiful home! Great time in Louisville with lots of firsts! First time hearing Quads electrostats, first time eating Tex Mex in a church let alone one with a pipe organ!

6 Likes

I looked up the restaurant. It looks like a “must try” place. How was the food?

1 Like

Fantastic! Try the pulled pork Nachos and Brisket tacos!!

8 Likes

BTW, Special Consensus was fantastic! Greg Cahill hasn’t lost a single step in the 40+ year history of the band.

1 Like

Looks like a good time. Stayed over night in Columbus IN. Heading out soon for Indy.

It’s been years since I have been there, but if you have the time and the dime…

https://www.stelmos.com

2 Likes

Steak is kind of a commodity - you can’t swing a cat in this town without hitting a place that serves a steak that’s pretty much indistinguishable from all the other steakhouses around, at least in my opinion. But Elmo’s is great for atmosphere and tradition, and for a fantastic shrimp cocktail with sauce so laden with horseradish it’ll blow off the top of your head. You can also get that same appetizer at Harry & Izzy’s, which has the same ownership as St. Elmo’s.

4 Likes

Thanks next time added to the list!

1 Like

Made it back safe from the trip! Met a great forum member saw some great vintage quads and Dahlquist speakers! On the way back I stopped at Audio Solutions and saw and listened to some great gear including the new B&W 801 speakers! At the end of the 743 mile trip these are the end result the BHK 300’s in the house! I loved my M1200’s and I’d recommend them to anyone! I felt my ML CLX speakers needed a different amp and I dreamed of owning a pair of BHK 300’s and here they are! Met another great forum friend and he helped me make this a reality!

13 Likes

You have a dream system! Congratulations!

1 Like

I’ll be interested to see what differences if any that you can hear between the two series of amps.
Those amp stands are perfect! :grin:

1 Like