The science of cable elevators?

Great summary!

Yes, an urban myth - but an amusing one.

I am filling thick foam twelve ounce can coolers with what is most available to me. Bunny poop.
I only have three so far but when I get six I’ll break out the test equipment and record my findings.

6 Likes

Got a chance to do more listening last night, after elevating my speaker cables a few days ago. The improvements seemed even more obvious, possibly because the cables had a chance to settle down after moving them around after I initially elevated them, and or because I had a chance to listen to more musical selections that show cased the imaging and soundstage improvements. I’m quite enjoying the enhanced 3D presentation. Instruments and vocals are more solidly anchored in the soundstage, with more air and separation around and between them. It’s very satisfying discovering simple tweaks like this that greatly enhance and elevate one’s listening experience.

3 Likes

Is the filler organic? Otherwise you’ll be missing out on bass extension.

1 Like

I read that the hight of Audioquest Foglifters was “the lowest hight while still maintaining most of the effect regarding getting rid of floor RFI”.

From the review in Positive feedback

“AQ determined a minimum of six inches is needed to escape the range of floor-borne RFI. The Fog Lifter is 6.25” high"

My home made solutions are lower in height but have got better antivibration than Audioquest.

Can one draw the conclution that power cleaning also should be placed at least “six inches from the floor”?

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear that many people hear differences when using elevators. This number of people, plus the company staff who engineer and produce them, the people who distribute and sell them, and the people who audition the in-store or at home, can’t all be delusional, can they? Why can’t some people bring themselves to accept what a great number of people clearly experience first hand?
Not being able to find a thorough scientific explanation is not the same as there being no explanation.

4 Likes

Setting the bar pretty low for a hypothetical situation.

I am really digging this Ignore Feature…

8 Likes

That’s cool. Where was this experiment run, and by whom?

1 Like

I would also like to know this information, if not it’s not really hard evidence.

1 Like

From our Housekeeper:

I really like the new thingies that you are using for those cables. They really help when using the swiffer to dust back there.

11 Likes

Well if you’re wanting to put forward a conspiracy theory that’s really quite okay, but you’re actually going to need to explain why you think that way. Otherwise you’ve accused AudioQuest of fraud. Of knowingly selling a product which you’ve implied is BS. So go ahead, bust open the conspiracy.

3 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that. I wasn’t aware it’s an option.

my cable setup

8 Likes

welcome to the community @dhrf
Now we’re talking about cable suspending :wink:

Doubles as a clothesline?!

:wink:

1 Like

I think if I wanted to try cable elevators I’d need the fourth or probably the fifth dimension:

16 Likes

We went to the same school of cable management. :smile:
Mine is only organized until the second cable for the system goes into place. After that it’s a free for all.

5 Likes

You make me happy! Now I know that I can go much further what I was considering my limit.

2 Likes

That is all time record I have ever seen. Keep them separated for lower noise floor :crazy_face:

1 Like