Trouble with Directstream junior + audirvana

So, if I understand correctly, I can forget audirvana, except if I use a USB connection, which is not convenient at all…
Correct?
Roon is really too expensive for what it is, in my opinion.
Does the DSJ works fine with other softs?
JRiver media center is ugly :confused:
I feel that the sound is very good with audirvana. Would I have an equivalent quality with JRiver media center?

Over the Bridge, it’s Roon or nothing. Roon is excellent, I have a lifetime license, it’s far beyond any other library management software.

Over USB, everything works in terms of the DSJ. If Roon is too expensive, then Audirvana is your best option.

Give or take false finishes (stops near the end of a song, then finishes playing the last few seconds) with hi-res files (FLAC above redbook and DSF), JRiver works well with the bridge. I will admit it’s been disappointing how long fixes take and how they’re never 100% resolved. Yes, I get it, the bridge isn’t PSAs software.

Edit: I think foobar works well too. I don’t use foobar but assume it works.

Over the Bridge, it’s Roon or nothing. R

You don’t have any issue with the DSJ and Roon? No issue at all?
Can you also control the volume with Roon?

Yes, JRiver and ROON are probably the most popular and both seem to work well with the Bridge. I agree that ROON is expensive for playback SW, but it’s UI and features are next to none.

Not sure I get you point. Are you saying that roon interface is not very good?

Actually, i don’t even understand how to use JRiver media center. I don’t understand how i can use qobuz with it.

He’s saying the opposite, Roon is lightyears ahead of the competition. Roon has a 14 day free trial, give it a try. It is expensive, no way around that fact.

Sorry for my english :slight_smile:

Yes, 700$ is 7 times more expensive than audirvana for 2 installations !!!

How many installations do you have for 700$?

I feel that it’s probably a very good soft, but it has to be perfect for that price.

The only way I know how is to use the JRiver server and then the mconnect app to initiate Qobuz. JRiver makes the DLNA connection while mconnect is the controller on your device. I don’t have a Qobuz account so haven’t tried it but I’m pretty sure it’ll work.

I find it unfortunate but JRiver will never add native Qobuz or tidal support. They are adamant that it’s a waste of their time. Also, Qobuz is rumored to have a native DLNA application, around 2018, but I don’t think it was ever developed fully. Another unfortunate situation. Yes, I love JRiver and it’s customizing ability. Just wish they were more open to adding streaming. I would be done looking.

Well, I am trying Roon.
Everything works fine. :frowning:
If I pay 700$ for this, my wife will start becoming crazy :smiley:
The WAF…

@ dancingsea, you have shown me the logiciel I need. It will be difficult to be reasonable.
It’s not a good news for me, it the only soft that is both userfriendly and efficient is so expensive.

Is there any chance to find a way to make audirvana work? I understand that Paul is the guy we should push, right? :slight_smile:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Dancingsea is right. ROON is hands down the best playback SW I’ve used.

OMG, it’s even better than Qobuz apps. The interface looks very very good…

I guess that for 700$, I can install the soft on my PC and my Mac. Right?

Yes, both Mac and PC no problem and most phones and tablets support their remote app as well.

But you need to open your pc first. It’s not possible to launch the music directly from your phone, right?

Oh, I can’t find a disc which is in Qobuz…

I’m not 100% sure about all the ins and outs of a Lifetime license. It’s free upgrades for life, I’m not sure how many installations. I think you get one core, and then can attach as many devices as you want to that one core.

If you want to use a Network connection between Roon and your DAC, make sure your DAC is genuinely Roon Ready. As of September 21, Roon will not work with network connected DACs that aren’t on their official Roon Ready list. USB connected DACs will continue to work like normal.

Roon has the subscription option of $120 per year if you rather. I complained about Roon’s price for a long time. But it’s just so much better. I’m still not sure it’s worth $700, but it’s really the only game in town in terms of performing at that level of sophistication. Eventually I relented, bought the license, and stopped thinking about how expensive it is in order to not get upset :joy:

It’s worth thinking of Roon like a component purchase rather than how it compares to the price of Audirvana. When thought of as a component, Roon is actually reasonably priced.

That’s right. The ROON core needs to live on a computer, and it needs to be up and running in order for it to work.