USB doesn't seem to be working

The USB drivers won’t install on my PC because the PC can’t see the PWD. The PWD also does not show a green indicator when my Logitech Touch is connected to it.

Not sure what might be wrong or what to try. I did try to update to the latest PWD firmware, but that’s not working either.

Hey Mike.

Try loading the driver on the pc, rebooting pc with no usb cable attached, attach usb cable to pc, reboot dac with no usb cable, after it initializes connect the usb cable to the day.

report back

G

gordon said Hey Mike.

Try loading the driver on the pc, rebooting pc with no usb cable attached, attach usb cable to pc, reboot dac with no usb cable, after it initializes connect the usb cable to the day.

report back

G

Thanks for the note. When I attempt to load the driver with no USB attached, I get an error that the PWD must be connected and powered on in order to install the driver. Catch 22.

aha

So do the same routine but try adding the driver last.

Hi,

I’ve been a PWD MKII user for years and never had any issues using it with USB or Bridge. I recently installed the DS upgrade it so now I have the DS PWD now. When I try to install the USB I kept getting the message to connect the USB even when it’s already connected.

I have manage to install it once successfully and I was able to get it to work with the USB 2.0 driver on one of my laptop. However, the next day when I booted up again, my computer can’t see the DS Dac through the USB and it didn’t work any more.

I try re-installing the driver again, but now I get the connection problem again. What happen with the USB drivers for DS?

When I had to set up the USB for the PWD, it was a snap…

Confused…

Gerald

This appears to be happening more than it should.

Time for Dennis to take a look.

He will hopefully have a simple solution.

gordon said aha

You forgot to add, “stand on one leg, face east, put your finger in your ear, and do the monkey dance.” :slight_smile:

Except on Tuesdays.

mikedc said
gordon said aha

You forgot to add, “stand on one leg, face east, put your finger in your ear, and do the monkey dance.” :slight_smile:

Mike

Did it work?

The objective is to get Windows to put the driver back to sleep and then let the fresh DAC connection either wake it up or ask you to install.

If no luck you may have to totally uninstall the driver and start over.