USB driver on linux?

How is it done in the most easy way please?

I cant seem to get dsd sacd iso files to work…

It’s not supported by PS Audio and I can’t help much, not having Linux here.

For sample rates greater than 96kHz you’ll need USB Audio 2.0 drivers - I don’t know if they are available natively in various Linux’s.

For DSD output you’ll need a player/driver that can wrap 1 bit audio at 2.8224MHz or 5.6448MHz to DoP at 176.4k or 352.8k.

For SACD iso files you’ll need a player that can decode the correct sections of the disk and possibly decompress DST compressed data.

I don’t know if running foobar2000, JRiver MC, etc. in a virtual machine would be a reasonable way to go or not.

Most modern linux distributions have a USB 2.0 driver that will support 192k PCM and DSD. I am using Ubuntu at home and it does.

Dennis

I probably need a virtualization of a windows os in it

Ted Smith said It's not supported by PS Audio and I can't help much, not having Linux here.

For sample rates greater than 96kHz you’ll need USB Audio 2.0 drivers - I don’t know if they are available natively in various Linux’s.

For DSD output you’ll need a player/driver that can wrap 1 bit audio at 2.8224MHz or 5.6448MHz to DoP at 176.4k or 352.8k.

For SACD iso files you’ll need a player that can decode the correct sections of the disk and possibly decompress DST compressed data.

I don’t know if running foobar2000, JRiver MC, etc. in a virtual machine would be a reasonable way to go or not.

I tried jriver on linux with wine,all i got was a lot of error, program crashed a lot.

BTW i run opensuse 42

Linux JRiver should support DSD. I’ll try it this weekenjd once I get my DSjr set up.

Dennis