We also love cars

It makes sense the ZR1 needs to be a significant upgrade from the Z06 and a hybrid would do this.

The Z06 needs to be more than a flat-plane unless this engine produces at least 150hp more than the base engine. I like the sound of a flat-plane so this alone is of interest.

Umm… Don’t believe I did at all.

I am not going to bother to argue with you, nor am I going to respond specifically to your side-stepping.

If anyone cares, which is unlikely, they can review the thread.

When I was in high school, we had a large “car guy” group. It was fun. But I was an oddball–as usual-- in that I liked cars of many makers; Chevy’s, Fords, Jags, Porsches, etc.
But some guys were only Chevy guys. Very limiting. But some guys went even further in their narrow interests. There were Chevelle only guys. Camaro guys, etc. I never got that.

Singers are probably way more fun to drive but I like the lines of the Euro Spec 911s.

3 Likes

Mine is an '83. Still bank vault solid and dry after 37 years, including about 5 years of a few track events per year. It’s never been apart.

nice. I swoon over the pre-bumper cars, like this 1973 911S

But if I were to buy one, i might try to hunt down a clean 964

3 Likes

LOL…

No one is arguing with you. I was merely responding to your last post with your exact words that I quoted from your previous post.

Good day.

Absolute works of art and timeless design.

Yup, there are people who don’t like Porsches. Just like there are people who prefer Pepsi over wine.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Which does not mean what you have decided to read into it.

Please take it to PM if you feel a need to push this further. No one else cares. I similarly doubt you are honestly interested in understanding and appreciating my opinion, but rather are driven by being “right.”

I similarly do not understand limiting one’s interest to a given marque or model. I also do not understand Ford v. Chevy, etc. I suspect one of the appeals of doing so is being part of a tribe of similar minded enthusiasts. Many enthusiasts also grew up lusting over a particular car, a dream car, which continues to inform their preferences.

I buy whatever best meets my needs and interests at the time. This may be American, European, Japanese, Korean, whatever. My garage is accordingly always a hodgepodge mish-mash of cars and motorcycles - all highly amusing to me.

3 Likes

My father was a Ford guy, would never own a Chevy. About two years before he died he bought a Chevy C10 pickup. We were all floored. I asked him why. He said, “I like it better than what Ford has to offer”. This is a guy whose first car was a Ford Model A he bought out of a barn and brought back to life when he was fourteen.

That opened my eyes to brand loyalty. I did a quick count of the 60+ cars I’ve owned and came up with 12 different marques. I currently have two Porsches and a Honda because they fit my needs and wants.

EDIT: to change to 12, forgot two…

1 Like

i was never a ford vs chevy guy, but i will admit to owning a crap ton of volkswagens over the past 40 years

66 beetle
77 rabbit
73 beetle
73 super beetle
96 passat
02 jetta wagon
05 touareg
03 eurovan weekender
04 R32

Only vw i have now is an Audi

3 Likes

My first car was my BELOVED 1962 Beetle.
Bought it out of a junkyard, replaced plugs, points and clutch in an afternoon and drove it for years.
It was “fully loaded” with a gas gauge (first year!), cigarette lighter, radio and canvas sunroof.
Still regret selling it. It was amazing how much fun one could have with 40 hp!

I recall practicing downshifts to 1st gear without using the clutch in my 59 Beetle. I got good at it.

Vehicles with this much personality are easy to miss. :frowning:

I had a supercharged MR2 which I wish I had kept.

1 Like

Will I be kicked from the forum if I admitted that I like the styling of the C8 better than the styling of the 2020 911? If so, I’ll just keep that to myself.

4 Likes

You are very brave. I suggest keeping hidden. hide

2 Likes

An SQ5 is definitely not a VW. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: