We also love cars

Thanks, guys. I only knew there was one person who put my engine together. Very neat. The videos of the process are fascinating.

1 Like

Indeed he was. He still drives them. He just got a Taycan.

1 Like

another car I lust over is this one. Audi RS2.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s one that my Z06 definitely cant do :grin:

Iā€™m sure somebody will hit afterburner to share their statistics to the contrary but I think no other production car has been so successful in such widely varied racing categories as the 911.

I thought it was really cool to see what to me is a high performance road car shifted to off road (not racetrack) use.
By the way BAT is a neat website for motor vehicle enthusiasts.

1 Like

When you see what the 911 platform has been used for, i.e. Dakar, Daytona, IMSA, etc, itā€™s very impressive.

1 Like

BAT is a dangerous site, for my bank account. They get some cool stuff there. Another one is PCARMARKET. It has gone beyond Porsches only.

You really are a Porsche guy Terzinator! I too am an RS2 fan. The guys in Ingolstadt told me it was a joint venture between Audi & Porsche. You can actually see the Porsche wheels and brakes on it if you look closely.

2 Likes

yep, as iā€™m also a wagon guy, the RS2 ticks all the boxes

My E46 Touring. (Cool, but not as cool as an RS2.)

2 Likes

I do like the looks and performance of the C8. Donā€™t like the storage space, or relative lack thereof.
I also like Porche, and Toyota Supra, and Dodge Charger, and Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, plus many others. But @elk might not like my commas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In fairness to @elk I donā€™t think that he has driven a comma. :grin:

2 Likes

I have yet to drive a comma. I am looking forward to it! driving

1 Like

Storage space is important to a good many. As I noted, a design criteria of Corvette is a trunk sufficiently large to hold a couple of bags of golf clubs. Thus the overly large rear end of Corvette for decades now.

I do not golf so I do not care. Even if I did, I would happily give up storage space for improved aesthetics. My guess however is I am in the minority.

3 Likes

The new C8 will hold 2 golf bags so GM claims. I guess it wonā€™t hold 1 of these.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never driven a comma - or a Chameleon eitherā€¦ is it a Chevy? Chrysler? I canā€™t tell - it eventually just looks like every other carā€¦ :crazy_face:
And it is certainly not FAST either. But is does have those independently moving headlights - itā€™s pretty much a mini green Deux Cheveaux.
Comma

1 Like

Did someone say golf cartā€¦

9 Likes

iā€™ll take one of those, too

Go for it! I only fuss when someone misrepresents what I wrote. Othersā€™ opinions are welcome!

1 Like

Iā€™ve owned two Porsche sports cars and never found them beautiful. I do like them as they are uniqueā€¦ although less so lately. Not much uniqueness out there.

I will say something about long-term design succesā€¦ looking back at older cars that still look good and not oddly datedā€¦ Any design with organic curves tend to look good over the long term. Jay Leno notes the best designs are aggressive but has feminine curves. He (and I) are referring to ultimate basic of any design, drawing, thing of natureā€¦ the French Curve, Van Gough paint stroke, or Hokusai wave, Fibonacci, etc etcā€¦

The latest style language of jagged, aggressive edges etcā€¦ sorry, gonna look weird in the upcoming years (a la new Corvette).

Peace
Bruce in Philly

1 Like