What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

No capacitors in the signal path

Went through some of the comments. Pretty typical, predictable reactions to our crazy hobby. It’s fun to remind myself of how nuts we can appear, even those of us with a system far from $1M.

Sorry, no refunds. :money_mouth_face:

“Guitar Stories” on Knopfler with the co-founder/bassist of Dire Straits, John Illsley, taking a journey through his career via his 5 favorite guitars.

1 Like

I watch Youtube on my 65" via Apple TV. I never see or read the comments. She’s cute and has a nice way about her. Very calm and zen-like. While I don’t think I would care to own that system, I would love to have the space!

Is $1M that much anymore? For something one is passionate about? I would never finance an audio system but people buy their first starter home around here for nearly $1M.

1 Like

No, but I bet they’ll fly from Cypress to tweak and tune and certainly to update to the next level hardware.

It’s decidedly a system vs. what most of us piece together.

Somewhere else I mentioned getting this book, which I don’t recommend for anyone other than Studio Rats. She illustrated it as well, and she seems like a Lot of Fun as a human and an Engineer. A lot of good ideas and advice for recordists.

Similarly, I don’t recommend this video (which is long-ish) for other than Studio Gear Sluts. And people who are cool with distortions of various sorts in their recordings. Despite her having worked for Prince and Johnny Cash and so on.

Sylvia Shows us Her Junk:

2 Likes

Not youtube, but there’s a new Blind Pilot song at the beginning. Israel Nebeker is such an underrated talent.

1 Like
2 Likes

John Coltrane: My Favourite Things - East meets West

Great solos by the Eastern players, especially at 3:45.

Astor Piazzolla - Double concerto pour guitare, bandonéon et orchestre à cordes

2 Likes

Never grows old.

…and he’s still got it

2 Likes

Thanx! That was a real treat! Just great.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

3 Likes

Frank Zappa past away 26 years ago today the 4th of Dec

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s my Christmas present sorted :slight_smile:

Not on YouTube but seems the most appropriate place to share this…

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/07/767905185/the-2010s-npr-listeners-pick-their-top-songs-of-the-decade