What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

Robert Fripp and his wife Toyah Willcox cover Metallica in their kitchen as part of their ‘Sunday Lockdown Lunch’ video series.

3 Likes

Umm…very nice! :innocent:

2 Likes

Did you say you want some more? Well, here’s some more. . . .

3 Likes

Toyah Wilcox, Ft. her “Girls”

Reminded me of this pic my father-in-law shot back in the Day of Leon with Claudia Lennear (“20 Feet from Stardom”, former Ikette, etc.)

Spinning: Mad Dogs…

3 Likes

You know we are in tough times when famous musicians are not able to pay their heating bill…

Saw Fripp back in the 90s in Vancouver in the G3 tour - he was the keyboard player! He played some guitar as well but mainly keys. He was absolutely awesome under that tall striped hat. I REALLY wanted to see Eric Johnson but Kenny Wayne Shepard was the 3rd guy on the Canadian leg of the tour. He was pretty good - for looking like he was well lubricated. A couple years later it was Malmsteen. It seemed the G3 tours were Satriani, Vai and the drunk guy… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Those are some nice knobs!

Careful, you’ll poke your eye out!

Leon: “I just wanted to say, don’t get hung up about Easter”

1 Like

Lecture by Dr David Ibbett who was an Artist in residence at FermiLab. His music inspired by his time there is featured in the video. His album “Octave of Light” is available on Qobuz. Thanks to Don Lincoln for the link. Don hosts the FermiLab youtube channel which is very much worth subscribing to if just for his absurdly corny sense of humor he infuses into the videos.

2 Likes

Do a search for Smokey Robinson on Live From Darrel’s House, doing Sara Smile. My favorite version of this song, ever. They segue into the old Smokey and Miracles song Oooo Baby Baby.
Very yummy.

Psychoaccoustically,

Mongo

This version?

1 Like

H.E.R. doing tiny desk concert. She’s like the female version of Prince to me these days…and I’m some kind of huge Prince freak.

1 Like

If you have not seen this Salut Salon video then definitely watch it. It should get you to laugh and we could all use a good laugh right now.

1 Like
1 Like

As the first YouTube comment says…

I found this accidentally and its one of the the coolest thing I’ve seen in my life
actual Frickin’ WOW! :flushed:

The incorporation of traditional instruments and singing is fun.

1 Like

Dat’s da one.

M

1 Like