What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

The magic of lots of compression.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_nog_lW6M
Train blues (Roy Buchanan)

3 Likes
1 Like

If youā€™re a musician or just love music, this is worth watching.
2 Likes

Goose-bump stuff just listening on my $10 Logitech speakers at work. Everything I love about music right there. I like the racial angle of Muscle Shoals too. Itā€™s black R&B but the white boys can play.

1 Like

Yeah, I loved Rod Stewartā€™s comment.

1 Like

Or course more goodness!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m a huge fan of Vasily Petrenko and what I consider to be remarkable recordings he and the Liverpool and Oslo orchestras have released.

In this video, Elgarā€™s second symphony is performed at the Proms.

A Danish orchestra playing an Italian composerā€™s music about the American west. Lots of fun!

Absolutely wonderful!

Watching is great fun. It also helps one appreciate both how brilliant and how difficult the piece is.

You gotta listen to this oneā€¦ an old Bill Monroe classic, Jaruselem Ridgeā€¦ Mark Oā€™Connor live in the studioā€¦

Peace
Bruce in Philly

3 Likes

Great post!

2 Likes

I continue to find interesting fiddlers will wear rings on their left fingering hand.

Violinists almost always have their rings on their right bow hand, no rings on the left.

It is odd.

All of them are classically trained and degreed. They are not country fiddlers. Mark is considered a modern day Mozart composing classical symphonic works among many skillsā€¦ and has won many violin and guitar flatpicking contests in his younger years. When you have a resume like hisā€¦ well he can wear the rings wherever he wants.

For piano keyboard players, you can usually tell who was classically trained by the way they hold their hand positioningā€¦ I was plunking away in a music store onceā€¦ the salseguy came over and took one lookā€¦ ā€œyou were classically trainedā€ā€¦ ummā€¦ I had no idea how he knewā€¦ it certainly wasnā€™t the quality of my playing.

Interesting you picked out a detail like that. Were you classically trained on the violin?

Peace
Bruce in Philly

He definitely has chops.

Classically trained, but not violin, and lots of time sitting in orchestras and dating various string players, etc.