What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

1 Like
1 Like

Phil Collins - Finally...The First Farewell Tour Paris 2004 HQ - YouTube Great Concert.

Roxy Music - Live at Apollo London

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great Schiit

2 Likes

Great performance, all around…

Craig Taborn Quartet

Daylight Ghosts followed by Sun Ra’s Love in Outer Space

CRAIG TABORN piano, keyboards
CHRIS SPEED tenor saxophone, clarinet
CHRIS LIGHTCAP double bass, electric bass
DAVE KING drums

1 Like

Love this from one of the greatest voices of our lifetime

2 Likes

I come across this show from time to time in my YouTube wanderings. Saw the Tour at Pine Knob in Clarkston, MI in '79. This is from the Santa Barbara Bowl.

The screengrab below that a YT poster used of some of the show attendees witnessing Joni do…Mingus(!) - some “Wow”, some “WTF? …Play Big Yellow Taxi!” sums up my situation - I was somewhere in between. Then there was the fact that - in retrospect - I may have never seen as good of a band before or since:

Production

Also note, that for this video/show production-wise, that Glyn Johns’ younger bro Andy (Exile on Main St., etc) engineered, and Bernie G. mastered.

This was roughly around when Jaco started to melt down, as was perhaps telegraphed by some of his janky movements here. But at this point pretty much all were arguably at the top of their game. Some died, some went nuts, some are still with us doing great stuff.

6 Likes

What a fun time in history.

So great that you got to see that tour. I go back to that video and the album from time to time - the versions of Coyote & Amelia in particular are just stellar.

Amusing video…Andre Rieu concert:

Have fun!!

2 Likes

More fun and beauty…Andre Rieu

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes