What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

Bono and Edge performing in a subway station in Ukraine

3 Likes

Even musicians can be snobby audiophiles.

Where is the snobbery?

I found it to be an interesting video, especially as my knowledge of guitar construction, etc. is limited.

Whats interesting to me is that guitar companies have started perfecting the more inexpensive construction techniques (moreso in electric guitars) so that the line has been blurring. Except for things like fret dressing and setup (which can be done later) a $150 squier is much much closer to a fender custom than ever before.

1 Like

I was unaware of this, but it makes sense.

Even some of the worlds biggest play them now - with some guitar-tech mods

(tried to find a good youtube video of this to stay on topic - only one seemed kinda clickbait-ey)

2 Likes

Not exactly about music, but if you’ve ever wondered what is happening when a cap fails, here ya go. No doubt usually less dramatic than this, but hey. Fun stuff!:

3 Likes

Yeah, not the best choice of words. What I meant to communicate was, musicians can be as critical and discerning about sound, as Hi-fi nuts like us.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

A good presentation of the FR30 covering much detail.

As Rosanne Rosanna Danna regarding King Tut opines, “… don’t make it worse by making him go to New Jersey!”. Oh how I miss Gilda.

4 Likes

What an awesome performer. I still miss her after all these years.

2 Likes

interesting discussion…

1 Like
3 Likes

How it was done by a talented singer in the Days Before Auto Tune:

Not to suggest that good singers need autotune today any more than they did then.

1 Like

Great fun.

Thanks

This Billie Jean one is great too. Used to play this in a Top 40 band back then - I’d play bass and do one of the backing vocals - and no, we didn’t have 8 singers😝 - so we did three-part behind a great female lead singer. Starting that drum and bass groove was a sure-fire dancefloor filler.

2 Likes