What are you spinning now? (Mark 5)

6 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

It is indeed nice Qobuz notifies you in advance of your upcoming subscription renewal. This has become uncommon.

2 Likes

New on Qobuz. HR. Late Renaissance - Early Baroque polyphony. The overall sound was very attractive, and reconciled me to its choral nature. A bunch of composers I have never heard of. Surprisingly pleasant.

nature-whispering_dickey

" Concerto Palatino proposes a program centered on the ideas of Johannes Kepler and the music of his lifetime. Taking Tui sunt coeli by Orlando di Lasso as a point of departure the group explores other polyphonic and polychoral music of Lasso and his contemporaries (Andrea Gabrieli, Lambert de Sayve, Hans Leo Hassler, etc.). In addition, they commissioned a new work for the project by the renowned composer Calliope Tsoupaki. Her new piece is called ASTRON (to the stars) and is based on a Delphic Hymn. For this project, Concerto Palatino was joined by a truly “star-studded” lineup of singers: Hana Blažíková and Barbora Kabátková, sopranos; Alex Potter, countertenor; Benedict Hymans and Jan van Elsacker, tenor; Tomáš Kral, baritone; and Jaromir Nosek, bass. "

5 Likes

A fun takeoff on Kepler’s Harmonices Mundi and music of the spheres.

1 Like

Greg Osby “The Invisible Hand” featuring Andrew Hill and Jim Hall, Blue Note cd.

5 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like my last contribution to the Mark 5 version of this incredible thread. Cheers to all who participate!

6 Likes

Jimmy Smith Trio featuring Kenny Burrell “The Master” Blue Note cd

4 Likes

@rajugsw, Joe you should cancel today, if they give service to the end of the month. You can always resubscribe in a second.
Chas

1 Like

5 Likes

2 Likes

This one again. Just such a great combination of soloist/writer/arranger and orchestra, wonderful music and playing, and showstopping sound.

Omar Sosa with the NDR Big Band featuring the arrangements of Jacques Morelenbaum, “es: sensual”

3 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes