4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

I have been up and about since 5am so different music than normal for this hour of the day. Played “Days Of Future Passed” on vinyl…what a pile of crap. Twee Music :face_with_head_bandage: I used to like this album, I must be getting old and disillusioned like Chris :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

You got a like because of your comments, not the album itself :slight_smile: In honesty, I used to like ‘Nights in White Satin’ and quite liked ‘Tuesday Afternoon’, but felt that the rest was pretentious rubbish. One is so harsh and judgemental when young. The sad thing is that it was one of their better albums.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I have that LP and don’t remember the last time I played it, pondering if it is worth my time playing it today. :thinking:

1 Like

6 Likes

New on Qobuz. HR. Pleasant but not exceptional Romantic music. The big selling point is that it is composed for string quintet (quartet + double bass) which makes for a very rich sound. If you want to experience this Vol.3 is the one to go to.

onslow_quintets4_elan

1. String Quintet No. 31 in A Major, Op. 75 : I. Allegro grazioso (9:33)
  2. String Quintet No. 31 in A Major, Op. 75 : II. Scherzo. Allegro (3:30)
  3. String Quintet No. 31 in A Major, Op. 75 : III. Andante sostenuto (6:56)
  4. String Quintet No. 31 in A Major, Op. 75 : IV. Finale. Allegretto (7:40)
  5. String Quintet No. 23 in A Minor, Op. 58 : I. Allegro non tanto vivo (10:05)
  6. String Quintet No. 23 in A Minor, Op. 58 : II. Adagio sostenuto (7:23)
  7. String Quintet No. 23 in A Minor, Op. 58 : III. Menuetto. Allegro impetuoso (4:55)
  8. String Quintet No. 23 in A Minor, Op. 58 : IV. Finale. Allegro non tanto vivace (9:18)
5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes