What are you spinning now? Mark 10

Continuing the discussion from What are you spinning now? Mark 9 - #10021 by Dirk.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Now if @Elk could work his magic to change the name to Mark 10 then all would be well in the best of all possible worlds!

2 Likes

9./part 2: just doesn’t ring true. I said you were a scholar! Who else quotes Leibniz :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

New on Qobuz. HR. This has been posted several times recently. It is outside my normal remit but I am a true Briton and so I saluted the flag and started listening. All pieces I was once familiar with; the Vaughan Williams in particular, since ‘Thomas Tallis’ was the only classical album my parents possessed and I listened to it often as a boy, was pure nostalgia. It was also a ground breaking piece when it was first played. The sound was OK but not exceptional. Obviously I found the album very enjoyable.

Edward Elgar (1857 - 1934):
1 Elgar: Sospiri Op. 7004:50
Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976): Sinfonia da Requiem, Op. 20:
2 Britten: Sinfonia da Requiem, Op. 20: I. Lacrymosa 09:30
3 Britten: Sinfonia da Requiem, Op. 20: II. Dies irae 05:05
4 Britten: Sinfonia da Requiem, Op. 20: III. Requiem aeternam 05:34
William Walton (1902 - 1983): Troilus & Cressida. Symphonic Suite:
5 Walton: Troilus & Cressida. Symphonic Suite: I. The Trojans (Arr. Christopher Palmer) 06:52
6 Walton: Troilus & Cressida. Symphonic Suite: II. Scherzo (Arr. Christopher Palmer) 08:27
7 Walton: Troilus & Cressida. Symphonic Suite: III. The Lovers (Arr. Christopher Palmer) 09:36
8 Walton: Troilus & Cressida. Symphonic Suite: IV. Finale ( Arr. Christopher Palmer) 06:38
Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958): Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis:
9 Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis: I. Largo sostenuto 05:31
10 Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis: II. Poco piu animato 06:28
11 Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis: III. Tempo del principo 03:20
Total Runtime 01:11:51

9 Likes

DSCN0601

3 Likes

@Dirk and there was i, thinking Chris was quoting The Shamen :slight_smile:

(The Shamen were of course quite popular in the 1700s - this was before their House music run of hits, so they were free to explore steam driven samplers without fear of being labelled a “sell-out”).

3 Likes

i guess we need to be patient @Elk has to sleep sometime :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK Chorale, Track 2 on this is one of my system evaluation tracks. Overall a nice sounding album of pleasant music.

4 Likes

Just one of many songs. Kris Kristofferson song - Best of all possible worlds!

3 Likes