What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

The sense of the space is wonderful on this live recording and of course the voices are magical

2 Likes

Freddie Roach, “Good Move” Blue Note Japan 2019 cd. Blue Mitchell and Hank Mobley in the front line. This one has been out of print on cd for. while.

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

@Dirk is back on the thread.

Some great music lover on the thread posted this. I like! This will become a morning staple.

4 Likes

Here are two Cal Tjader Albums that are quite a bit of fun. Apologies as it’s a repeat post from July:

3 Likes

A man as close to the huge burning fire of fame as possible but not quite. His Blue Suede Shoes is better. The guitar solo is perfect!

2 Likes

3 Likes

The 2 that I have listened to so far have been more open. The ones from the 80’s seem muted. It’s as if my ears were blocked before.

Listening to the 1st track now. It is shaking my head and tapping my toes (the glass of wine helps too).

1 Like

Reading the biography @lonson recommended. He was a Man’s Man! Too much Gin but lead a life!

3 Likes

Perfect too much weed music. See y’all tomorrow night.

I’m partially a lighting designer and am installing some high tech, fabric shade, LED light fixtures in my house. Already have 7 hours into installing 3 fixtures and have only assembled two fixtures. Long way to go before they’re up. Way harder than I thought. Easier, sometimes, to design than install.

7 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Gettin’ back to my roots :

2 Likes

These chamber works by Spanish composer Ramon Lazkano are ideally suited to the immense talents on display by the amazing ensemble recherche, one of the truly great new music ensembles in the world.

1 Like

images

2 Likes

3 Likes

New on Qobuz. 24/176.4. Never tried an album at this resolution before. The Arcam on my main system refused to handle it. The desktop’s ‘interim’ Denon DNP-730 renderer would at least play it. However, whether due to the format or otherwise, there was a slight harshness to the sound which was not enjoyable. Abandoned after a few tracks. Nice cover picture.

1 Like