What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

nice but could use more cowbell

1 Like

7 Likes

Play along, son. Bang a Gong.

Since I moved to Boulder, this genre is what is Going on here. It is about American Music and direct communication to the Live Audience.

Do your thing. if you can’t do it in front of a single mic…

Playing this one after seeing it here the other night

5 Likes

New release (Feb. 1st) on Rhino of excerpts from the April 24, 1980 concert that aired on HBO. Now streaming on TIDAL in “Master” quality. So far, I have listened to “Willin’” (Little Feat), “Poor Poor Pitiful Me” (Warren Zevon), “Back in the U.S.A.” (Chuck Berry), and “Desperado” (Eagles), and all the renditions are excellent. The Zevon and Berry covers rock like nobody’s business. “Desperado,” though, is the real standout, I think. It is just Linda – in truly excellent voice – and the masterful Bill Payne of Little Feat fame on piano. Linda’s live version of “Desperado” is arguably the definitive cover of this song.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Mavis Staples covering early Funkadelic (“Can You Get to That”) live in London last year on her 79th birthday? YES PLEASE!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Have you heard the expanded reissue from three or four years ago? They really made it sound great.

A few minutes ago, I queued up this live album, which was recorded at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on June 25, 2016. While listening to it, I checked the Wild Feathers’ website to see if they have any shows coming up in the Northeast. No such luck, but they are playing at the Ryman tomorrow night and Saturday night!

2 Likes

10 Likes

i am spinning norman.

If you don’t know norman blake, you need to know norman blake.

1 Like

Making my head spin seeing Norman spin. :slight_smile:

Did not know that album even existed. A search found only vinyl copies available all but one used. I was fortunate to see Norman Blake shortly before he retired from touring. It was an amazing night. IMHO the greatest acoustic guitarist every to pick up a guitar.

2 Likes

yeah, i have it on vinyl. I think a 1985 Rounder Records pressing.

Really great album. Elzic’s Farewell is a fiddle tune we play in our festival jams. Fun stuff.

1 Like

1 Like

11 Likes

11 Likes

10 Likes