What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

Farewell is the only album by Uma. I had no idea who they were when we saw them warm up for Jonatha Brooke a million years ago, and we bought the CD at the show. Expected greatness.

Then, poof.

Shame, because they were amazingly good. Tidal/Qobuz has the album if you’re curious.

Chris Byars “Photos Black White & Gray” Smalls Records cd

Bought it because Sacha Perry is on it. That’s like having Bud Powell on a record produced this decade. . . . .

nancarrow_player%20piano_vol1

2 Likes

I am currently listening to this. Very acceptable harpsichord.

1 Like

Brazilian Carnival celebration on Valentine’s Day.

1 Like

Dirk, is this spam or are you listening to one track per record only in a constant procedure? :wink:

No. I listen to 5 records at once on 5 decks. Otherwise it would take too long . :grinning: Surely I am not alone doing it this way.

2 Likes

This looks like much more fun Dirk…Would love to visit someday.

4 Likes

Where I live it is a 5 minute walk to the sea or a 15 minute walk in the opposite direction into wild country side. Deer in the woods behind my castle.

3 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes

Bill Evans “Live in Tokyo” Sony Blu-Spec CD2

5 Likes

Dirk, your musical taste is certainly wide-ranging!

4 Likes

Yes. Thanks. A broadchurch… I also like Ashley Hutchings with Fairport and Steeleye Span. Might play an album tonight !!

4 Likes

You live in a castle!!! Photos please Sir Dirk A Lot…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

1 Like

Ben Monder “Oceana”

It was alright. Not really my cup of tea.

Followed by
Carmen McRae “Alfie” Mainstream Records/Solid Records Japan

2 Likes

Screenshot_20190215-140159_Ecosia

“Eye Contact” and “Kazuashita” by Gang Gang Dance

Screenshot_20190215-140920_Ecosia

The soundtrack is so good. It’s like they took an orchestra, took out all the “wimpy instruments” like flutes, violins, and triangles, and replaced them with drums, tubas, more drums, bassoons, even more drums, and one electric guitar that shoots fire out of the neck.