What are you spinning right now?

Last night my wife and I went to a concert of music by Dowland and Holborne. Very good (the countertenor was particularly impressive). I was not familiar with Holborne, so I searched for works by him on Qobuz. This was one f the few albums they had. Hesperion are always reliably enjoyable, but it was not easy to relate to what I had heard the night before, which was played on solo lute.

holborne

1 Like

Khettahu
Abdul MoimĂȘme – 2 prepared electric guitars
Ricardo Guerreiro – electronics

1 Like

Is this available on Spotify? I couldn’t find it. Also tried looking for AMM: The inexhaustible document. No luck. I am intrigued by what this music may be like given your choice of mostly classical.

“It’s nine below zero . . . she put me down for another man!”

FLAC rip of two-CD Legacy Edition.

folder

Muddy Waters Muddy 'Mississippi' Waters Live 2 CD album set (Double CD) UK MDW2CMU257312

3 Likes

I have no idea about Spotify as I don’t do any sort of streaming. I do know the recording was rereleased in 2012 on Decca with a different cover.

The AMM disc is a Matchless Recordings release and is available directly from their website: The Inexhaustible Document | Matchless Recordings and Publishing

AMM did a form of electro-acoustic free improvisation and The Inexhaustible Document is an excellent but not very representative example of their music.

Free improv, experimental and various kinds of avant-garde are areas of music I’ve been into since my college days in the late '70’s.

Perfect Sunday morning music.

2 Likes

Going to church on Sunday in my house.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be on Qobuz either :frowning:

Bernardo Pasquini (1637-1710): solo harpsichord works from Sonate per Gravicembalo (1702)

from the great CD box set on Gardiner’s SDG label. Live recordings from April/May 2000

Gillian Keith, soprano

Daniel Taylor, alto

Charles Daniels, tenor

Stephen Varcoe, bass

The Monteverdi Choir

English Baroque Soloists

Thank you for your detailed response.
I use Spotify as a vetting tool. Once I like a recording, I buy the physical media and rip it to the NAS. However, once Qobuz arrives in the US, that may change.

1 Like

That’s the kind of church I like.

1 Like

You must be way up north. Right now it’s a balmy 30 degrees F in Madison, WI

1 Like

Lefty Frizzell was a pretty big deal at one time. Kind of brushed aside by history at this point. Bear Family has released a new huge Lefty set. I’m sure I’ll pick it up.

1 Like

2xDSD download version. Great performance with reference-quality sound.

2 Likes

Number 55 on the list of the 100 greatest bootlegs. With any luck, it is still available for free download here.

“Homegrown is a good thing . . . plant that bell and let it ring!”

3 Likes

Antonio Vivaldi: Salve Regina, RV 616
Gerard Lesne, alto
Il Seminario Musicale

Think there’s a big gap between Country and Jazz? Listen to “You Don’t Know.” More Bear Family greatness.

1 Like