What are you spinning right now?

We will never run out of spectacular music to listen to. Human creativity is boundless.

1 Like

Just listening to this great recording of the label MA Recordings, worth getting more of. Exceptional sound quality. This instrument is called „hang“, similar to a steel drum.

Beautifully stated!

Another great sounding MA Recording of nice, easy music.

They are able to record Chesky-like airy, spacious, holographic sound. Fantastic piano and bass sound here.

This is also really good music and sound! I have quite all of their albums.

I’m just enjoying the hell out of this!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. It is wonderful having people post music that they enjoy. Leads me on a different path of exploration every time. In addition, as my knowledge of classical music is limited, I turn to guides. I find “Classical Music - Third Ear - The Essential Listening Companion” to be an invaluable guide. However, it is a little bit dated. It was published in 2002, and I haven’t seen any updated editions.

1 Like

Love the movie and this soundtrack is a big part of what makes it all work.

1 Like

Today’s Fast Food Menu:

Recorded March 23rd, 1967 in Walthamstow. There’s also an excellent version of the Violin Concerto from November 21st, 1984 with Zukerman.

1 Like

Olivier Messiaen: Chronochromie for large orchestra (1959-60)

2 Likes

Dave Bartholomew

One of the unsung heroes of Rock N Roll.

Alexander Goehr: Colossos or Panic
BBC Symphony Orchestra/Oliver Knussen

1 Like

Right now
“The Complete Anita O’Day Verve/Clef Sessions” Mosaic Records, CD VIII . . . again. Really nice song choices on theses sessions.

1 Like

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing…

3 Likes

2 Likes

I heard and compared a few pieces of her Bach now. I think she has a very valuable style that is worth having as one of the different characters of players. To me she has an ascetic, rather finedynamically than emotionally compelling/expressive style with a very clear, shining, light and levitating tone. At first I had an impression of a too mechanical, uninvolved style compared to e.g. Perahia, Anderszewski or Argerich but her playing also had a partly more interesting and challenging tension that stands out of her imo otherwise rather distant approach. I especially like her Goldberg and Art of fugue, thanks for that hint!