What are you spinning right now?

Excellent analysis, especially clear, shining, light. Her playing is not in the romantic style of interpreting baroque, but restrained and intense. I enjoy the tension and resulting balance.

Thanks for trying her out.

2 Likes

Some trance/drone/ambient like stuff with a slowly pulsating beat. Great and good sounding thanks to magic Ted!

love the warm up…38%20PM

2 Likes

Jazz piano trio with a Martial Solal twist.

martial

1 Like

Listenin’ to Jazz and Conversation

@lonson started this thread on the Hoffman site. Going on 800K views. Seems like a BFD in our little world of music obsession.

2 Likes

Thank you lonson for starting this thread… I have purchased quite a few of the cd’s listed here over the years and without your initial endeavor in concern of this post… I would have missed out on some great recordings for sure…:sunglasses: :grinning:

3 Likes

Their harmonies are totally worth it. I love to use songs from this record in my playlists at work. Also love the Drunkard’s Plea, The River of Jordan and There’s a Higher Power. The Louvin Brothers, The Beach Boys and The Everly Brothers are my top 3 for multipart harmony bands.

1 Like

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - Janine Jansen\

A modern recording if you’re interested in hearing a well reviewed release recorded recently with modern equipment. Thanks to PBPhoto for the link. Orbiting Planet Sound

1 Like

Of all my thousands of records, only Sun Ra has changed me and the way I listen to and appreciate music. His music is always with me and when I play it, it tickles my soul. One of a kind. I wish I could say that I got it the first time I ever heard him though. For me it was a couple of months of WTF before I quit trying to process it in my head like with other music. Eventually, it went from WTF to a rollercoaster ride in my heart and I haven’t looked back. I started with Heliocentric Worlds Vol 1 but I’ve got around 70 records of his now.

4 Likes

Yes, yes, yes. So true. Me too.

2 Likes

Her first record is magnificent. Don’t think there’s ever been a better cover of Elliot Smith’s “Between The Bars”.

1 Like

24/96 FLAC download version of this twelve-album box set. Currently listening to the tenth album (“The Sixteen Men of Tain”), which is off the chain from start to finish. The 12-CD box set is available on Amazon for @ $130 USD, but I prefer the deal at 7Digital ($14.99 for the 24/96 download!).

3 Likes

FLAC rip of the nine-CD box set. Not the best mastering, but the music is timeless.

4 Likes

1 Like

From the Pacific Northwest '73-'74: The Complete Recordings 19-CD box set:

4 Likes

Detlev Müller-Siemens: …called dusk, for cello and piano (2009)

Greg Osby “Inner Circle” Blue Note

Followed by. . .

Greg Osby “The Invisible Hand” Blue Note

Followed by

Bod Dylan “Planet Waves” Mobile Fidelity Labs SACD

2 Likes

New live compilation streaming on TIDAL:

1. Thunder Road (Live at the Palace Theatre, Albany, NY – 02/07/77)
  2. Highway 29 (Live at King’s Hall, Belfast, UK – 03/19/96)
  3. Incident On 57th Street (Live at the Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ – 09/20/78)
  4. Open All Night (Live at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, New Orleans, LA – 04/30/06)
  5. Stolen Car (Live at the ASU Activity Center, Tempe, AZ – 11/05/80)
  6. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (Live at the Auditorium Theatre, Rochester, NY – 02/08/77)
  7. Out In the Street (Live at the Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA – 10/20/09)
  8. Drive All Night (Live at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY – 11/08/09)
  9. Born to Run (Live at the Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ – 08/05/84)
  10. Used Cars (Live at St. Rose of Lima School, Freehold, NJ – 11/08/96)
  11. Action in the Streets (Live at the Palace Theatre, Albany, NY – 02/07/77)
  12. Racing In the Street (Live at the Agora, Cleveland, OH – 08/09/78)
  13. Working On the Highway (Live at Ippodromo delle Capannelle, Rome, Italy – 07/11/13)
  14. The E Street Shuffle (Live at TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA – 11/19/07)
  15. Cadillac Ranch (Live at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY – 12/31/80)

1 Like