What are you spinning right now?

Leonard Bernstein, Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 1 and Mozart Piano Concerto No. 25.

Great sound

2 Likes

2 Likes

”The internationally-acclaimed power trio returns with their highly-anticipated, second full-length release for Moonjune Records.
Mercy, Pity, Peace & Love is a concept album deriving its inspiration as much from William Blake’s visionary aesthetics (the title is taken from the poet’s “Songs of Innocence and Experience”) as from a diversity of 20th-century musical icons – ranging from Jimi Hendrix, King Crimson, Stevie Wonder and Tortoise, to Igor Stravinsky and Olivier Messiaen. Offering hard-edged, straight-ahead beats, jazzy ballads, and even a cover version of Hendrix’s “Purple Haze” which is bound to set your ears on fire, this album is filled with furious guitars riffs, progressive keyboard extravaganzas, and monstrous, thundering drums. Play it loud!”

1 Like

Freddie Hubbard “Straight Life” King Jazz CTI “50th Anniversary” Japanese CD

1 Like

I purchased the 192/24 digital download version of the R.F.K. '89 shows and they’re spectacular. I was at those shows too! Given the technology in '73, I was wondering how the sound was?

Very exquisite.

Both-Sides-Now

He possesses astounding technique.

there’s something about his timing when he plays that just catches my hear…
56%20PM

I am listening to 6/24/73 right now and I think it sounds excellent.

You can check out multiple extended sound samples from the box set here:

https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-complete-recordings-19-cd-boxed-set-1.html

2 Likes

Now I’m hiding in Honduras
I’m a desperate man

Send lawyers, guns and money
The sh#t has hit the fan

1 Like

Adalbert Gyrowetz ( 1763-1850)

Michael Finnissy: works for piano performed by the amazing Ian Pace

2 Likes

New on Qobuz. I primarily wanted to see how ‘The Lark Ascending’ compared with that on the Neville Marriner CD I have had for 30 years. No immediate earth-shattering conclusions other than that the first violin was showcased much more on the Liverpool Philharmonic version.

v_williams_manze

Monotonous drivel or e-beats genius? Your call. :thinking:

2 Likes

A pivotal record.
John Cale, producer, always understood the immediacy of a recording.

1 Like

2 Likes

88.2/24

An excellent companion to her debut album if solo Bach at age 17, Hilary Hahn Plays Bach (1997) with Partita No. 3 in E Major, BWV 1006, Partita No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004 and Sonata No. 3 in C Major, BWV 1005

1 Like