What are you spinning right now?

Every time I play the set it seems like there is something I missed last time or forgot about. Just bought a PSA DSJ and Stellar 700 amps. After not listening to much audio at home for the last 20 years or so I am rediscovering music and I like what I hear.

1 Like

King Crimson, “The Night Watch” (Live at the Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, Nov. 23, 1973).

Ferocious, face-melting concert now streaming on TIDAL!

3 Likes

I very much enjoyed Terpischore, listened to it several times. I had to put up with my wife dancing around the living room, she loves court dancing, she’s still got the moves, which at the end of the 18th century morphed into ballet.

Matthias Pintscher: Reflections on Narcissus, for cello and orchestra
Truls Mørk, cello
NDR Sinfonieorchester/Matthias Pintscher

1 Like

2018 remaster of the 1984 classic. Haven’t decided if I like it or not, it’s different.

Marian Gold vocals are more forward and the dynamic range is somewhat reduced. :frowning:

2 Likes

More for Tony and Brad and his trio than Diana though she does okay.

My Dad and uncle like it. My wife tolerates it.

Beautiful recording.

3 Likes

Wow. Just wow. Fred Hersch always sounds best in a trio.

4 Likes

Snowmass and DS Sr. via Bridge II and JRMC really dig the enveloping soundscape this album “throws”. Never noticed how much “surround sound” there was with this album (ripped CD) before Snowmass…:

Mclachlan-afterglow

[Sarah McLachlan, Afterglow (Check out “Fallen”, in particular)]

I cannot believe this awesome 8-CD box set can be had for @ $25 new + shipping on Amazon. I hope Billy is getting some $$ out of this. I am listening to Disc #4 currently (Shabazz - Recorded Live in Europe). Just incredible.

3 Likes

I’ve had this CD for awhile, and it’s never sounded as good as what I’m hearing right now with SM loaded on the DSD. Newly discovered textures and layers of imaging make this CD so much more interesting and enjoyable to listen to.

1 Like

This great BC-box indeed is incredible, in particular listened via Qobuz in 44.1/24 :wink:

1 Like

I hope you all realize that you are costing me a lot of money for new recordings. :smile:

1 Like

J.S. Bach: Sonatas for harpsichord and obbligato violin

2 Likes

Miles Davis “Bag’s Groove” Analogue Production SACD

3 Likes

Andrew Hill “Smokestack” Blue Note RVG Edition cd

Just what I needed!

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

…not necessarily after Qobuz is launched in the US :wink:

1 Like