What Classical are you spinning?

Streaming now, and enjoying the first few moments.

1 Like

Now that you poked fun, I think, I will give this album a spin. :older_adult:

Here’s a better cover…same work. Orkis is a great artist, but Uchida does add her special effect on the piano (and the cover) :grinning:

Listening to this performance, I was like wow!

Interesting that it includes the entire violin concerto (as the first piece on the record, no less) but doesn’t even mention it on the front cover. I wonder if DGG is sensing some consumer overload on the piece after all these years.

1 Like

I think they do and this is why they coyly labeled it something else. But this young lad plays very well.

1 Like

2 Likes

Very interesting piano concert…and good sounding, too!

3 Likes

I am going to have to pick that one up. Joyce Yang and her mother were in our home in Colorado a few years ago for an after concert party. Delightful ladies. Joyce is a superb pianist.

1 Like

3 Likes

You’ve inspired me to listen to his Beethoven. Not bad for a 18 year old. :wink:

2 Likes

Another example of DG introducing an artist in a saturated record (I mean all replay formats) market! In a way, I see it as an invitations to get out of complacency, listen and taste something well known freshly revisited.

1 Like

Very nice :+1:t2:

Those who like chamber will enjoy this.

2 Likes

What better way to celebrate St Cecilia’s day?

3 Likes

2 Likes

With this, to be honest, a wonderful quality recording, but Perahia’s Bach is sublime.

2 Likes