What Classical are you spinning?

3 Likes

Ton Koopman is playing a nice Hildebrandt Organ in a small Village called Lengefeld. Bach liked Hildebrandt Organs at his time …

4 Likes

Some very Sweet Pieces of Music …

2 Likes

For Steve Reich fans…after marimba and other versions, it’s worth to hear this on guitar, too!

3 Likes

Katia & Marielle Labèque playing West Side Story . . . . Not sure if this counts as classical!

1 Like

2 Likes

Cross-bred classical, Jazz and pop :wink:

1 Like

Krystian Zimerman has revisited the Beethoven cycle with Rattle and the LSO, and I’ve really been enjoying it, for both performance and sound. It was the Recording of the Month in the latest BBC Music magazine.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’m always interested in lesser known labels providing exceptional sound quite constantly.

Some might remember Dorian. The follow up seems to be Sono Luminus. Really exceptional sound in many cases and never below very good. Music is very good, too usually, even if it might not be the best interpretation.

Try those two for a sound check.

2 Likes

I agree, many smaller labels produce exceptional recordings. Here’s one released today. Jack is a fabulous violinist and teacher (a professor at the Royal Academy in London). His Oxford Music May is also a great music festival.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Single piece, available for streaming on Qobuz and Tidal. Other nice moments are included in this play list:
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/139c0815-974f-4e40-ba67-53c1795aaf21

2 Likes

Ha! I have that same LP box set! :thumbsup:

1 Like

:+1:t2: nice.

1 Like

1 Like