Which Cover Album are You Spinning Right Now?

Here is yet another musically questionable Pink Floyd cover album with enticing album art…

2 Likes

1 Like

Here is her U2 cover album.

https://tidal.com/album/165692

1 Like

Classic Bob Dylan tunes sung a capella . . . wild stuff!

2 Likes

Legendary Texas singer-songwriter Steve Earle covers legendary Texas singer-songwriter Guy Clark . . . what could go wrong? The sound quality, that’s what (which is a bummer, as the songs and performances are great).

1 Like

Dread Zeppelin, “Un-Led-Ed.” Ever wonder how reggae versions of Led Zeppelin tunes would sound with an Elvis impersonator singing lead vocals? This is it!

1 Like

Twenty-three Allen Toussaint tunes performed by others, including Otis Redding (Pain in My Heart), The Meters (Big Chief) and The Paul Butterfield Blues Band (Get Out of My Life, Woman). Appears to be a digital-only (streaming) release.

3 Likes

…and? With such good songs to work with, I assume it’s pretty great.

Yes . . . AFAICT, there are no new recordings on the compilation; rather, it’s a collection of Toussaint-penned tunes that others have recorded over the years. Here is the track listing (including performers):

1 Like

jpeg stimulating… :blush:

2 Likes

Soo stimulated I ordered instantly. Looks fun!

1 Like

Wow…yum and double yum…:+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Great Stones cover set, all female, sexy stuff…

1 Like

2 Likes

Mostly covers, several originals - purchased direct from artists in the Netherlands

1 Like

Bad album cover art, but really interesting cover versions of classic Freddie King tunes by the talented “Same Player Shoot Again” band. Thanks to @wijber for posting this album shortly after its release.

1 Like

I picked up a used copy of this CD for a dollar in a thrift store. It contains some clunkers, to be sure, but “Restless Farewell,” “Boots of Spanish Leather,” “Tomorrow is a Long Time” and especially “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right” make this Bob Dylan covers compilation worthwhile.

1 Like