Which medium has given you the highest sound quality?

Personally I really enjoy all of them. It seems to me that I am always pleased after a switch. From whatever to whatever.

Simple answer, for me it’s Vinyl.

But seriously, honestly it depends on the album. There are some I prefer streaming, some on cd. Some records I own are so beat up that streaming ‘sounds’ better, but honestly I just plain enjoy the vinyl more even with all he hiss pops and surface noise. Some brand new vinyls (:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) sound like crap, and the streaming sounds amazing. Some stuff was only ever released on cd and does not exist on any other format and I have to live with it, but I love it none the less. I’ve also laid out too much money for vinyl box sets that I never listen to because they sound like trash but I will also never sell cuz it’s like owning a piece of art.

I’m sure a lot of folks on this board can relate.

3 Likes

You and me both. It wasn’t less then 10 years ago that I felt like I could walk outa record store with a stack 15-20 deep for $45. Now you might be lucky to get 3,4 or 5 for that…. FWIW, Seems like the ‘new age’ section of record stores have been the last to be affected by this…

1 Like