Which Zappa disc are you currently spinning?

The October 31, 1978 show at NYC’s Palladium clocks in at 230 minutes which, if memory serves, is the longest recorded Zappa live performance. There is plenty of room for insane solos, and none are more insane, perhaps, than the L. Shankar violin and FZ guitar solos during a 19-minute “Packard Goose.” Come on, Zappa Family Trust, how about an official release of the full show known as “the Big One”?

2 Likes

Weasels is being played. Zappa was the fkking man.

2 Likes

Qobuz. Didn’t see these coming…all from the original masters in
both 96/24 and 192/24 incl. complete digital booklets. Fab sounding, quite a surprise!

6 Likes

Also stumbled upon this one in 192/24 while browsing in order to purchase, probably exclusively available for streaming after buying…a steal using Qobuz Sublime :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for alerting us to these new high-res releases. Really looking forward to hearing them!

2 Likes

192k version sounds great on Qobuz!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I got the Roxy and Elsewhere LP heading my way!!!

1 Like

For those about to Roxy, we salute you! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

For Qobuz’s nominal service charge you can reach nirvana tonight. The 192/24 does sound good and is highly recommended.

4 Likes

Hi, it’s me, I’m back . . .

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

Second Hi-Res Qobuz batch just arrived over here…

• Absolutely Free
  • Burnt Weeny Sandwich
  • Bongo Fury
  • Chicago '78
  • Zappa In New York (40th Anniversary Deluxe)
  • Orchestral Favorites (40th Anniversary)
  • Halloween 81
  • Halloween 81 Highlights
  • The Mothers 1970 Box Set

Great sonics again, pure indulgence in these harsh times :yum:

7 Likes

Really looking forward to hearing more Zappa in high-res. If I could pick two more albums to receive high-res releases, they would be Hot Rats and Roxy & Elsewhere.

3 Likes

Looks like there will be 29 albums released in high-res:

4 Likes

I’ve downloaded a couple of them, very good SG

1 Like

I have Joe’s Garage in 24/192 and it sounds excellent. As of now, I am content to simply stream the others from the original six. As for the new batch released today, I may want to own a download of Bongo Fury.

1 Like

@bootzilla

Do you think the Zappa 24/192 downloads sound better than the 24/192 streaming. I have Joe’s Garage on the original issue CD 16/44.1 converter to flac. I thought the 24/192 stream from Qobuz sounded awesome. Would there be any notable improvement having the actual flac files. The new release sounded “fuller” to me.

1 Like