Which Zappa disc are you currently spinning?

I have the cd of Joe’s Garage and bought the 24/192 download, the download is much better, also Apostrophe 24/192 is better than my cd

1 Like

Thank you :sunglasses::+1:

I can see me buying more of the hi-res releases, I have over 60 of Zappa’s cds and 10 LPs. The LP’s are hard to find and when you do they are expensive.

1 Like

Hi, so far the only high-res Zappa download I bought is the 24/192 Joe’s Garage. I have not attempted to compare it to the 24/192 Qobuz stream. Such comparisons are often not apples-to-apples in my experience because of numerous variables, including the quality of one’s internet connection, network interference, cabling, the possibility of different streamers being involved (e.g., my FLAC files, including the Joe’s Garage download, reside on my Melco’s internal hard drive, whereas I stream Qobuz using Auralic gear).

I probably cannot hear a material difference between the FLAC file playback and the Qobuz stream, but I wanted to try one of the new high-res Zappa downloads, and Joe’s Garage made the most sense to me in terms of musical performance, sound quality (I believe it is the only one of the original six Zappa high-res releases that was mastered by Doug Sax) and the sale price I found on ProStudioMasters dot com.

I plan to stream Bongo Fury this weekend on Qobuz. If it sounds as good as Joe’s Garage, I will likely purchase the 24/192 download.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I just download a couple of classical freebies from Qobuz. Most of my music is hard copy converted. Been streaming Qobuz since it became available in the US. Tidal and Deezer previously. Just reengaged Tidal for my DAP.

Still kind of new to the music download process.

1 Like

No more credit from the liquor store . . .

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Side 1 is just hilarious!

4 Likes

50th Anniversary Vinyl. Oh man, sounds like a whole different album, in a good way.

4 Likes

Purchased all available Zappa HiRes releases and eagerly awaiting the next batch. These releases being archived for eternity in the best quality is a real blessing for the world!

…and just received more good news for us Qobuz lovers;

4 Likes

:partying_face: party time! Third batch just landed in europe;

3 Likes

I have listened to OSFA countless times in every format. I have not heard the bass sound better than it does on the Qobuz 24/192 stream.

3 Likes

Another stonking high-res release …

4 Likes