whopps killed it ! help please 1

Hi All

new to here so please be gentle, borrowed a direct stream from a friend of mine , and with his permission decided to update the software for him , the only issue i have is that it won’t move pass the initialisation screen after the update ( flashing blue light ) the progress bar does not move , any ideas of what i have done ?

AAAAARRRRR

Did you make sure that the SD card is firmly seated and that the gold contacts are face-up?

hi Joe

Yes it was the correct way up and seated correctly, it updated ( flashing blue ) but will not move from the initialisation screen.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Have you tried deleting what’s on the SD card, downloading the folder unzipping what’s in the folder and then copying that onto the root directory of the SD card? There should be 5 files. Sorry that I’m stating the obvious but I used to work in the software industry and I learned that it’s always better to start at the beginning.

Hi Joe

Yep thats the way I updated it, it was the torreys update from the web site. just cannot understand why it went come to life

dave

One other suggestion, Dave. If this doesn’t work then hopefully someone else on the forum will be able to help. Unplug the DAC, wait about 30 seconds, then plug it back in.

ok Joe I will give it a go !

Joe Appierto said

One other suggestion, Dave. If this doesn’t work then hopefully someone else on the forum will be able to help. Unplug the DAC, wait about 30 seconds, then plug it back in.

Nope does not make any difference .

Sorry. Someone will come up with the proper suggestion.

Sorry you’re having trouble. Can I assume you downloaded Torreys from the website, then unzipped the files from the zip folder, placed those unzipped files on a clean SD card, and then ran the update?

And when you did that, the blue light flashed for some time, then you got the initialization screen but it never leaves that screen?

If all that’s true we may have to get you a rescue file. Let us know and we can help.

Try turning off the AC power switch in the back and then unplug all of the Input cables from the DAC before you turn it back on. If that doesn’t do it, then try reformatting the SD card and then recopy the 5 Torreys files to the SD card. Do not copy the Zip file to the SD card.

The recommended SD card size is 2Gb, but I think that up to 8Gb will work. Choose File system FAT and Allocation unit size 32 kilobytes when formatting. You may also need to uncheck Quick Format.

Also, be sure to Eject the SD card before removing it from the PC or laptop where it was plugged in.

email me at dennis@psaudio.com and I’ll see if I can help you.

Dennis

Paul McGowan said

Sorry you’re having trouble. Can I assume you downloaded Torreys from the website, then unzipped the files from the zip folder, placed those unzipped files on a clean SD card, and then ran the update?

And when you did that, the blue light flashed for some time, then you got the initialization screen but it never leaves that screen?

If all that’s true we may have to get you a rescue file. Let us know and we can help.

yep i think i used to greater sd card to start with and it was sdhc doh , think i will need the rescue files, as it will load up from the sd card but won’t move on the initialisation screen.