Your Best Value Bargain Audio Purchase

It’s Greentoe. https://www.greentoe.com

3 Likes

As stated by others, all of my PS audio gear was bought either on sale, or using the full value trade-ins. (P15, BHK Pre, PST, BHK 250, Stellar phono) My best buy was my B&W 804 D3 just before the D4s came out. New D4s going for $14000 and the D3s were $7500 on sale from $10k. With the BHK Pre with gold lions the speakers are sublime.

2 Likes

I imagine your rack is a sort of black hole, infinity room for gears!

3 Likes

Al, the rear speakers you were looking for, for your rear surround channels just popped up on the used market (:slight_smile:):

Gina G1s Listing

I did not realize there were separate boxes serving as the speaker terminal interface - cool design. Can you get the tethers connecting the terminal boxes to the speakers at different/longer lengths?

Cheers.

3 Likes

Mine have internal crossovers, I have never seen the external option. I am curious as to why these are for sale.

2 Likes

I think they are intended for bi-amping and tri-amping where each speaker has it’s own external amp and the speakers need to be protected from signals outside their intended range.

Belden BAV power cables from BlueJeans.

2 Likes

The white ear buds, you all know what I’m talking about :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

Very cool. I’ve never seen them in black.

Al

That’s the “used and trade-in” equipment entity owned by Suncoast Audio. So in effect a dealer listing.

1 Like

Black is everyone’s favorite I guess.

You’re right. Most of gears on used market are black. Does that mean my all silver gears have less value? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

All my gear is black! Regular wiping of dust with a microfibre cloth on all sides is a must! All the reason to go for silver.

2 Likes

I am now realizing what a value I got by getting the MBL 1621A transport AND the MBL 1611E Dac for $12,000 used. MBL updated the 1611E to the current reference 1611F for $1200. So for $13200 I have the current reference level gear that is north of $62k retail and going up. This is now leading me to getting crazy cheap CDs $1 that sound better than any streaming including DSD. Currently recovering CDs from friends basements.

14 Likes

Not my basement!!!

5 Likes

But the dust…no matter how much you vacuum dust, clean and even polish furniture (not
the gear), change your hvac filter dust manges to find it’s way back :thinking:

Happy dust trails :grinning:

Best wishes

Hey pal… The silver gear is not on the market as much because it has greater value not less…
The opposite of what you think :person_facepalming:

Best wishes

Al… your best value audio purchase are your bunny rabbits. They help
you know how best tune your sound. Also they multiply and you can sell
the offspring nice little profit center :grin:…gear doesnt multiply of it’s own …

Hippity lippity hoppity to you Al

Best wishes

1 Like

True! :smile:

1 Like

That makes sense. I feel much better now. My next DS MK2 will be silver too!