Your drink of choice

Been lucky to drink some really fine whiskey, but life moves up and down. When the cycle is down, this is my go to. Works just fine.

6 Likes

I can only imagine how that tastes. I am a long time 14 Yo fan, but never ventured beyond.

1 Like

How old do you have to be, Chris? :stuck_out_tongue: If you like Oban, it is worth it. All this stuff has gone through the roof in the past few decades, but hey :man_shrugging:t2:

Geek Beaker breakfast of champeeeens.

2 Likes

Home made Bailey’s with Jameson. A little hair-of-the-dog with coffee during the Holidays.

3 Likes

Life has been a test lately. I bought my favorite, Basil Hayden. Unfortunately, I forgot to scratch the bottle before I started.

1 Like

I’ve given up on my pursuit of Blanton’s bourbon. In a bar, including my country club, the price is prohibitive. At retail it’s nearly impossible. You have to walk in just as the distributor’s truck pulls up. The closest liquor store to my building got a bottle. One bottle. They had a fish bowl to drop in your information for purchase. I thought it was a drawing; it was an auction! Well, Old Forrester is pretty good.

After too many Scotch & Yodas…

3 Likes

I get a stripper bar vibe…

That’s a good vibe depending on the place and the friendliness of the staff :wink:

1 Like

5 Likes

And here I thought it was whine.

3 Likes

I need one of those!

1 Like

"Tis the Season for Craft Stouts.

3 Likes

2 Likes

One of the good things about a well stocked cabinet and fridges is choice when the mood hits.

Today Sake popped into my mind. My children enjoy Japanese cooking and my childhood was with Japanese neighbours.

This is today’s Sake choice named “Living Jewel” served chilled to 44 degrees. Smooth and flavourful.

4 Likes

So - fell off the Wagon today. :sweat: :cowboy_hat_face:
Nice legs on this local barrel. And it is indeed Very Good. With whatever you deem to be the appropriate quantity of water in it. My 13-years older brother has even deeper and longer experience, and he remarked, “Yeah - this IS good”: Which sorta surprised me.

And this is coming from decades of experience on my part with fer realz Scotch Single Malts. '63 Scapa for example, which was in my lifetime, a Standard which was not surpassed. (The '60 was harsh by comparison). Not that I’m saying this compares. But it need not hang its head.

Just to say that, as with some of the fab American Burbons and so on, some Really Nice Stuff is being produced these days, Even when put up against Classics. Sorta like NOS Tubes (uh…maybe?) and Stereo Gear :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Peaty or no? @badbeef

I tend to prefer less lumber in Scotch…

No peat. More toward a highland style, but not as austere as some. Plenty of flavor.

1 Like